Author Topic: Terry McAuliffe Makes ‘Pivot’ That Could Seal His Fate as Another Interview Is Cut Short  (Read 441 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Terry McAuliffe Makes ‘Pivot’ That Could Seal His Fate as Another Interview Is Cut Short
By Sister Toldjah | Oct 25, 2021 6:30 PM ET

We’re a week and one day out from Election Day in Virginia, and with things all tied up now including in the newest Emerson polling between Virginia Democratic gubernatorial nominee Terry McAuliffe and Republican nominee Glenn Youngkin, a desperate McAuliffe – once thought to be a shoo-in to win second non-conservative term – is now making the campaign move that ultimately could seal his fate.

According to Axios, McAuliffe has “pivoted” to public schools and education in the final week, seeking to make up the ground he’s lost over the last month, which started after that late September debate when he admitted that “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”

Instead of realizing his epic blunder and backtracking, McAuliffe has doubled down, and along with that has gotten downright combative with local reporters who rightly press him on the issue – in one instance stomping off a TV set and whining about how the reporter “should have asked better questions,” as though questions about public education were not important to the voters of Virginia.

Down the homestretch, McAuliffe is trying to pretend like he now realizes how important the issue is to voters in the state, hence the reason for the “pivot”:

By focusing on education, McAuliffe is trying to shift the debate on a topic that resonates especially with pivotal suburban women.

The past and would-be future governor is warning parents that plans pushed by Youngkin will quietly cut thousands of teaching jobs — and this should be a bigger concern than the tonality of lesson plans around systemic racism.

“Listen, he’s got an economic plan that 43,000 teachers will be cut. $10 billion hole in education. So, I want to rebuild, and that’s what I’m excited to do,” McAuliffe said about Youngkin.

more
https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2021/10/25/terry-mcauliffe-makes-pivot-that-could-seal-his-fate-as-another-interview-is-cut-short-n463245
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I see McAulliffe's campaign as a bellweather on the Dims presidental chances .

If Terry the terrible can't get elected as Governor of Virginia for the second time,the Dims are in deep,deep trouble come Presidential election time when they have to face off in debates with Trump.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!