Author Topic: Democrats say GOP lawmakers implicated in Jan. 6 should be expelled  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats say GOP lawmakers implicated in Jan. 6 should be expelled
By Rebecca Beitsch - 10/25/21 06:14 PM EDT

Democratic lawmakers are renewing calls to expel any member of Congress implicated in the Jan. 6 riots at the Capitol following reporting that witnesses have recently informed congressional investigators of their coordination with lawmakers.

A Sunday story from Rolling Stone didn’t directly tie lawmakers to the violent assault, but two sources who spoke to the outlet instead detailed multiple meetings with members of Congress to coordinate contesting the election results and plan the rallies that preceded the attack.

The two have reportedly met with the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

The two sources for the Rolling Stone piece outlined “dozens” of planning briefings, adding that among those who either participated or sent top staffers include GOP Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Lauren Boebert (Colo.), Mo Brooks (Ala.), Madison Cawthorn (N.C.), Andy Biggs (Ariz.) and Louie Gohmert (Texas.).

Both organizers also told the magazine that Mark Meadows, then-President Trump’s chief of staff, played a significant role in discussions regarding the protests ahead of Jan. 6.

Many of the GOP lawmakers listed in the piece have denied involvement, but the report led to a flood of calls from their Democratic colleagues to remove from office for anyone found to be involved in the attack.

“Any member of Congress who helped plot a terrorist attack on our nation’s Capitol must be expelled,” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) wrote on Twitter.

“This was a terror attack. 138 injured, almost 10 dead. Those responsible remain a danger to our democracy, our country, and human life in the vicinity of our Capitol and beyond.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/578377-democrats-say-gop-lawmakers-implicated-in-jan-6-should-be-expelled
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Democrats say GOP lawmakers implicated in Jan. 6 should be expelled
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 10:57:09 pm »
So zero, then?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 12:46:28 am »
Sure, lawmakers are to be expelled for actions of questionable validity when a known murderer killed a defenseless woman in cold blood and is still not behind bars.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 01:35:23 am »
I guess if you cannot win an election then you have to grasp the reigns of power somehow...

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 01:48:29 am »
I guess if you cannot win an election then you have to grasp the reigns of power somehow...

They already did that and they are ensuring that they remain in power....unfortunately, it's looking like that's inevitable.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 01:58:50 am »
*sigh* What will it take for McConnell and McCarthy to tell the rats to eff off?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 02:34:12 am »
Refresh me kids, doesn't it take a 2/3 vote majority to expel?
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 12:31:01 pm »
GOP members lash out at Rolling Stone report linking them to Jan. 6 planning
by Emily Brooks, Political Reporter |
 | October 25, 2021 06:22 PM

A number of Republican members of Congress named in a Rolling Stone report as being involved in planning the details of rallies and electoral certification objection on the day of Jan. 6 ahead of the riot at the U.S. Capitol building, either personally or through top staff members, are pushing back on or outright refuting the story.

"No one in my office, including me, participated in the planning of the rally or in any criminal activity on Jan. 6. We did not attend or participate at all,” Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert said in a statement on Monday. “However, I am extremely interested to find out who, besides the FBI operatives, did plan the events on Jan. 6. For the purpose of a potential defamation lawsuit against those making baseless accusations of a crime, I need to know who these persons are who are alleging that I helped.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/louie-gohmert-lauren-boebert-mo-brooks-rolling-stone-january-6-panning
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2021, 04:13:27 pm »
Refresh me kids, doesn't it take a 2/3 vote majority to expel?
Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.”
—Article 1, section 5, clause 2
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DB

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2021, 04:26:52 pm »
Then Pelosi should be the first to go.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2021, 05:54:26 pm »
Then Pelosi should be the first to go.
Who hired Ray Epps? And rented the buses for the Antifa-types who streamed onto Capitol grounds as soon as "someone" gave the signal via flashbang?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2021, 06:44:49 pm »
Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.”
—Article 1, section 5, clause 2

Thanks!
The Republic is lost.