Author Topic: "Sinking ship": Even progressive prosecutors leave, call for San Fran DA's recall  (Read 415 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

"Sinking ship": Even progressive prosecutors leave, call for San Fran DA's recall

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/10/25/sinking-ship-even-progressive-prosecutors-leave-call-for-san-fran-das-recall-n424603

Just how bad has public safety become in the Chesa Boudin era? Even his fellow progressives have left the district attorney’s office and joined efforts to recall Boudin. Brooke Jenkins and Don Du Bain have joined fifty of their colleagues in walking out on Boudin, and accuse him of attempting to use radical policies that have made public safety a “sinking ship”:

“Chesa has a radical approach that involves not charging crime in the first place and simply releasing individuals with no rehabilitation and putting them in positions where they are simply more likely to re-offend,” Jenkins said.

“Being an African-American and Latino woman, I would wholeheartedly agree that the criminal justice system needs a lot of work, but when you are a district attorney, your job is to have balance.”

Both attorneys accuse Boudin of making San Francisco more dangerous by regularly handing down lenient sentences, releasing criminals early, and, in some cases, not filing charges at all, despite sufficient evidence proving those individuals committed violent crimes.

“He basically disregards the laws that he doesn’t like, and he disregards the court decisions that he doesn’t like to impose his own version of what he believes is just -and that’s not the job of the district attorney,” du Bain said.

This statement in the article is false: "Not all of San Francisco’s woes are directly attributable to Boudin. The state essentially decriminalized petty theft and shoplifting by declining prosecution for any theft under $950." Petty theft is still a misdemeanor. It is prosecutors like Boudin who are refusing to prosecute that is the problem. SF's woes when it comes to shoplifting and other petty theft are directly "attributable" to Boudin.

That quibble aside, the big story here, IMO, is that even some Progs don't go as far into politicization insanity as Boudin has.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Screw 'em. They can stew in the crappy nest they made.

If they want to make this go away, start voting right. Otherwise let them have anarchy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

Screw 'em. They can stew in the crappy nest they made.

If they want to make this go away, start voting right. Otherwise let them have anarchy.

So Chesa Boudin got elected with 50.83% of the vote, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_San_Francisco_District_Attorney_election , but "Screw 'em" all, regardless of how they voted.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So Chesa Boudin got elected with 50.83% of the vote, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_San_Francisco_District_Attorney_election , but "Screw 'em" all, regardless of how they voted.

I feel for the conservatives in CA, but at some point everyone needs to start asking themselves when it's time to get the heck out.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

I feel for the conservatives in CA, but at some point everyone needs to start asking themselves when it's time to get the heck out.

Exactly.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I feel for the conservatives in California since I know how they feel living here in Il.

It's just NOT that easy to move...I will not leave my sons and all my grandchildren behind and I certainly can't afford to move them too!

A lot of us are trapped in blue states that were once red!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

I feel for the conservatives in California since I know how they feel living here in Il.

It's just NOT that easy to move...I will not leave my sons and all my grandchildren behind and I certainly can't afford to move them too!

Same here - in NY.

Offline Millee

Ditto for CO.

Offline skeeter

We're all trapped in a red country run by a blue elite. So we're all screwed.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

That's my position here in CA, even after my mother passes it won't change. Even if I was willing to leave my children and grandchildren behind, which I'm not, my wife would never leave and after over 45 years I'm just to used to having her around to make a change at this point of my life.

I guess I could hope for Lassen to suddenly become active and take out Sacramento while the legislature is in session at the capitol.