Author Topic: What Good is a Republican Victory?  (Read 202 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Good is a Republican Victory?
« on: October 25, 2021, 12:57:08 pm »

A congressional takeover devoted to legacy GOP policies won’t fix anything that needs fixing. Patriotic Americans and Trump supporters need to keep the Republican Party at arm’s length.

By Christopher Roach
October 24, 2021

Almost everyone on the Right is excited about a Republican takeover of the House, but whether this advances the cause of conservatism or populism or whatever the Right is about these days, remains to be seen. We have had full Republican control over the government twice in the last 20 years—most recently, during the first two years of the Trump Administration, and earlier in the first six years of the Bush Administration. What can we learn from these years?

Republican control of the House from 2017-2019 reminded many Republicans why they supported Trump over establishment choices in the first place. While former House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) seduced Trump with promises of support on the border wall and other parts of his agenda in exchange for tax cuts, Ryan turned out to be a passive aggressive snake, more concerned about the Chamber of Commerce than his voters. He soon abandoned ship, eventually taking a lobbying gig, after being completely listless during the 2018 House races.

There was little to show for Republican control of the House, Senate, and White House from 2017-2019. After losing the House, Trump faced even more headwinds. The Republican Senate delivered on judges, but little else in his agenda made much progress because of the Democratic-controlled House and its incessant investigations and interference with presidential power.

Things were not all bad. For most of Trump’s term, the economy was in good shape, tariffs began to improve American industry and increase American wages, and the country avoided new wars, while defeating ISIS in Syria. But many of the conditions that led to this steady national fracturing continued, border and immigration policies remained loose, and cultural conflicts on issues like race got worse.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/10/24/what-good-is-a-republican-victory/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: What Good is a Republican Victory?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 01:30:00 pm »
The very least the 2022 midterms  will do is put the brakes on a lot of Biden‘s agenda and turn him into a lame duck president. 

It’s 2024 that Republicans need to do some soul-searching. They need to really address the spending while adopting some of Donald Trump’s policies such as energy independence, the deregulation of the economy, and securing the border

« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 01:38:05 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 01:41:48 pm »
The very least the 2022 midterms  will do is put the brakes on a lot of Biden‘s agenda and turn him into a lame duck president. 

It’s 2024 that Republicans need to do some soul-searching. They need to really address the spending while adopting some of Donald Trump’s policies such as energy independence, the deregulation of the economy, and securing the border

Still thinking that we're going to have a free and fair election in '22??  What changes have been made??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 01:57:17 pm »
All it does is create a stalemate where the Dems can't advance their agenda.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 02:01:09 pm »
What Good is a Republican Victory? A congressional takeover devoted to legacy GOP policies won’t fix anything that needs fixing. Patriotic Americans and Trump supporters need to keep the Republican Party at arm’s length.
By Christopher Roach / October 24, 2021
-----------------------------
Those who know history, are aware that Politics never had anything to do w/First Principles derived from the
Natural Law; not even for a day.
The GOP emerged some 60+ years after our Founding, thru the New England Mercantile Class, later morphing
into the Industrial Class, while promoting economic interests w/strong socially progressive impulses.
As a result of our Civil War, the GOP became politically and judicially dominant from Lincoln till Hoover,
enacting legislation that defined us as a nation/state since Independence and which exists to this vey day.
Our singular Principled Conservative Party was our Southern Agrarian Rural Democrats, now long gone,
who were birthed by the English settlers who colonized us starting in 1600, as both England and eastern
North America shared Agricultural Capitalism as their means of economic survival until Industrialism.
If we are serious about recovering our heritage/legacy, the very last place to begin is w/politics and in
particular w/the Republicans whose only interest is in fat wallets.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 08:28:39 pm by Absalom »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 02:08:15 pm »
All it does is create a stalemate where the Dems can't advance their agenda.
There's something to recommend that but man wouldn't it be nice to see the ball move in the other direction for once.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 02:46:02 pm »
The one thing that will stop me from voting Republican in 2022:  Speaker of the House McCarthy.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 11:03:20 pm »
LMAO wrote:
"They need to really address the spending while adopting some of Donald Trump’s policies such as energy independence, the deregulation of the economy, and securing the border"

The Republican party can't "adopt some of Mr. Trump's policies" without "adopting" Mr. Trump himself.

He WILL be the Republican candidate in 2024 if he wants to be (barring health issues).

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2021, 11:26:13 pm »

A congressional takeover devoted to legacy GOP policies won’t fix anything that needs fixing. Patriotic Americans and Trump supporters need to keep the Republican Party at arm’s length.

By Christopher Roach
October 24, 2021

I couldn't agree more.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 11:29:04 pm »
LMAO wrote:
"They need to really address the spending while adopting some of Donald Trump’s policies such as energy independence, the deregulation of the economy, and securing the border"

The Republican party can't "adopt some of Mr. Trump's policies" without "adopting" Mr. Trump himself.

He WILL be the Republican candidate in 2024 if he wants to be (barring health issues).

@Fishrrman

If he is not,I will be voting for the Dim candidate in 2024.

If we are going to have another Civil War anyway,the sooner we have it the better.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 11:57:56 pm »
You mean what good is a RINO victory?