Author Topic: Will COVID's dip boost Biden?  (Read 167 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will COVID's dip boost Biden?
« on: October 24, 2021, 05:01:28 pm »
The Memo: Will COVID's dip boost Biden?
By Niall Stanage - 10/24/21 12:00 PM EDT

President Biden’s fortunes could be set for a boost as the outlook on COVID-19 improves — even as much of the political media has its gaze fixed elsewhere.

Biden’s fraught efforts to get his legislative agenda through Congress have dominated the conversation in political circles recently. Yet, even if his large social-spending bill passes, it will be some time before its benefits are felt in voters’ daily lives.

Meanwhile, the COVID picture is brightening in the here and now.

Daily infections are currently running at around 75,000 per day. That’s roughly a 25 percent reduction in the last two weeks, and a halving of infections from the most recent peak, hit just last month.

The war is far from over. COVID is still claiming the lives of around 1,500 Americans each day. But that, too, is a significant reduction on September’s figures.

An Economist/YouGov poll conducted Oct. 16-19 indicated that 42 percent of adults believe “the worst part of the pandemic is behind us” while only 17 percent believe it is “going to get worse.”

Interestingly, Republican voters are much more optimistic on that score than Democrats, with 60 percent of GOP voters believing the worst was over, compared to 32 percent of Democrats.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/578151-the-memo-will-covids-dip-boost-biden
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 05:08:48 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

Re: Will COVID's dip boost Biden?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 05:05:53 pm »
Only for the terminally stupid.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 09:50:04 pm »

Only if one believes COVID is the reason for the huge hit Biteme's taken in the past few months.

It's not.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 09:53:45 pm »
I'm feeling the Joementum.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 10:20:29 pm »

Only if one believes COVID is the reason for the huge hit Biteme's taken in the past few months.

It's not.
Covid isn't as nearly as important to most of us as the left dreams it should be.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 05:40:14 am »
COVID is NOT going any where!  When it gets cold here, we will see infections spike AGAIN! 

Russia is having a huge spike with the onset of cold weather.  It will happen here too.  COVID is an endemic, here to stay.

GET USED TO IT, and grow a brain about these vaccines that are NOT VACCINES!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 01:25:47 pm »

It's not.

This article does assume that all of Joe Biden’s problems are because of Covid. While that might be partially true, it doesn’t explain inflation, rising energy prices, rising crime, the border crisis, and the Afghanistan debacle
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 06:02:22 pm »
But the leftwing media is still fearmongering a high threat level of Covid and pushing a scary new variant on the horizon...........and at the same time trying to prop up Captain Dementia with a dip in Covid infections? Why do I feel like I just entered the