Author Topic: The 10 Senate seats most likely to flip in 2022  (Read 180 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The 10 Senate seats most likely to flip in 2022
« on: October 25, 2021, 12:47:59 am »
The obvious; Republicans are defending 6 seats v. Democrats defending 4 seats.  Hopefully those retiring GOP senators will be replaced with some good conservatives.  I'm betting that Rubio loses his seat (to Val I know) and both FL and TX will turn blue.  Everywhere I look these days, I see cars with license plates from places like CA and NY  .... liberals have moved in Bigly! TX has its own problems with the immigration problem and changing demographics.

The 10 Senate seats most likely to flip in 2022

After a rough month for President Joe Biden, Republicans think they have more than historical precedent on their side to retake the Senate in 2022.
Traditionally, the party out of the White House does better in the midterms. But the surging Delta variant, a chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan and intra-party fissures on Capitol Hill have all threatened Biden's agenda -- and his ability to communicate it throughout the summer -- giving Republicans more to work with as they try to retake the Senate. ......................

1. Pennsylvania
Incumbent: Republican Pat Toomey (retiring)

2. Georgia
Incumbent: Democrat Raphael Warnock

3. Wisconsin
Incumbent: Republican Ron Johnson

4. Arizona
Incumbent: Democrat Mark Kelly

5. North Carolina
Incumbent: Republican Richard Burr (retiring)

6. New Hampshire
Incumbent: Democrat Maggie Hassan

7. Nevada
Incumbent: Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto

8. Florida
Incumbent: Republican Marco Rubio

9. Ohio
Incumbent: Republican Rob Portman (retiring)

10. Missouri
Incumbent: Republican Roy Blunt (retiring)

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/24/politics/senate-race-rankings-september/index.html
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 12:52:59 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: The 10 Senate seats most likely to flip in 2022
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 04:51:59 am »
With election fixing, I do not hold my breath for the Republicans to win anything.  Just too naive!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 08:28:09 pm »
With election fixing, I do not hold my breath for the Republicans to win anything.  Just too naive!

If they are UNIPARTY Republicans ,no worries. If conservative you have problems but very few if any are conservative Senators. Most all UNIPARTY Republicans. :chairbang:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 08:41:15 pm »

Exactly!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 01:50:25 am »

They'll win the House. The Senate is a toss up. But watch State Houses next year.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 04:15:40 am »

Its harder for House races, but the statewide Senate, Gubernatorial, and Presidential, yeah.
The Republic is lost.