Author Topic: Here we go again! 2021: Unless we act on climate change, DC will be underwater – Flashback: Virtual  (Read 188 times)

rangerrebew

Here we go again! 2021: Unless we act on climate change, DC will be underwater – Flashback: Virtually same flood fears were reported in 2014, 1990, 1979, 1922 & 1901!

2021 Scare: "Imagine seeing the Lincoln Memorial surrounded by churning Potomac waters, or only being able to access the Pentagon by boat...The Pentagon, accessible by boat...The Lincoln Memorial would eventually be on an island in the Potomac River, if world keeps burning fossil fuels."

Flashback 2015: AP’s Seth Borenstein at it again hyping Antarctic melt fears – Recycles same claims from 2014, 1990, 1979, 1922 & 1901!

2014: Watch: WUSA 9 DC TV station on Antarctic melt fears features images of DC monuments underwater. ‘It’s our choice how fast the seas rise’ – We control sea level rise? Watch Now: Local DC News Schlock Report on Antarctica & Sea Level Rise

1990: Flashback January 11, 1990: NBC’s Today Show features Paul Ehrlich warning of impacts of Antarctic ice melt: 'You Could Tie Your Boat to the Washington Monument'

1979 NYT: “Boats could be launched from the bottom of the steps of the Capitol’ in DC –‘Experts Tell How Antarctic’s Ice Could Cause Widespread Floods - Mushy Ice Beneath Sheet’]

https://www.climatedepot.com/2009/07/09/climate-depot-factsheet-on-the-gore-effect-phenomenon/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Can we get this to actually happen?

The country would be better off if the District of Columbia and just about everyone in it sank away into the sea to become another Atlantis...

Offline libertybele

Can we get this to actually happen?

The country would be better off if the District of Columbia and just about everyone in it sank away into the sea to become another Atlantis...

I think CA needs to sink away first.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mikezpen

I do value the monuments, but they'll probably all be torn down or taken down before long, anyway.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think CA needs to sink away first.
Not the state just the democrats, wash rinse repeat until sanity is returned.

Offline Kamaji

TBPH, I would love to see DC sink back into the water.