Author Topic: Air Force Offers Former Army Spouse $50K Settlement After Towel Left Inside Her During C-Section  (Read 85 times)

rangerrebew

Air Force Offers Former Army Spouse $50K Settlement After Towel Left Inside Her During C-Section

21 Oct 2021
Stars and Stripes | By Erica Earl

YOKOTA AIR BASE, Japan – Eight years after a surgeon at this base in western Tokyo left a laparotomy towel inside Angie Perry's abdomen, the Air Force has offered to settle her medical malpractice claim for $50,000.

Perry, a former Army spouse now living in Vancouver, Wash., discovered the towel and had it removed five years after her cesarean section at Yokota in 2013, according to Perry and records she provided. She is seeking $1 million in compensation.

"There is no doubt in my mind if that towel wasn't found, it would've killed me," she told Stars and Stripes on Sept. 15. "I'd rather not take anything than settle."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/10/21/air-force-offers-former-army-spouse-50k-settlement-after-towel-left-inside-her-during-c-section.html

rangerrebew

The AF didn't try to charge her with theft of government property? :silly:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
$50K was pretty insulting.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.