Author Topic: Pass Tents  (Read 405 times)

Offline corbe

Pass Tents
« on: October 21, 2021, 02:20:35 am »
Pass Tents

Peachy Keenan
Salvo  10.19.2021

Homeless encampment outside Larchmont Charter School – Selma

A hobo no-go zone report

Referring to feral street people as “our unhoused neighbors” or “a person experiencing homelessness” is an attack on reality. In fact, they are mentally ill—schizophrenics, drug addicts, and alcoholics, usually in combination.

Because I don’t need to teach my kids about the Faces of Meth yet, we call the ghouls standing next to every freeway exit “hobos.” As in, “Don’t look over there, kids! That hobo forgot to put on pants today.”

“Hobo” is a quaint word that recalls ancient memories of journeymen riding railroads trains with banjos on their knees and their few possessions wrapped in kerchiefs on the ends of sticks. Some of you may be lucky enough to know a boomer who still refers to them as bums.

“Bums” is what my mother called them (and still does). Growing up, that’s what everyone called them. Disney composer Randy Newman even immortalized the term in his 1983 song “I Love LA” when he sang “Look at that bum over there, man, he’s down on his knees!”

The song was written in 1983, which gives you an idea of just how long the bums have been plaguing this city. We don’t love it. We, the people experiencing homeness, the housed neighbors, are now the ones down on our knees.

L.A. City Councilman Mike Bonin recently proposed allowing thousands of violent hobos to set up camp at our most popular beaches.

Then this month a family of five was attacked by violent, machete-wielding homeless men at the beach in Malibu. The dad, in an attempt to protect his children, was slashed multiple times and maimed.

<..snip..>

https://americanmind.org/salvo/pass-tents/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Pass Tents
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 02:56:37 am »
I read the entire article.  Disturbing and sad.  I had no idea just how bad things are in CA and the political filth behind it all. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 03:12:09 am »
Self inflicted wound... they had a shot at fixing it and blew it..

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 05:32:25 am »
I wonder.... A lot of California was against this mess, I am sure. No one in their right mind would vote for such.

But America had a shot at avoiding the mess we're in, and here we are.

The only question is one of whether people actually voted for what they got.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 03:28:12 pm »
Conservatives are people who know that the good of the people at large takes precedent over an individual.
Liberals believe the opposite. They think it's perfectly alright for the citizenry at large to suffer to protect the "rights" of an individual.
The irony is that conservatives are far more concerned about individual rights than liberals. But they know allowing mentally ill people or drug addicts to do as they please at the expense of average citizens is criminal.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 05:08:00 pm »
The essential purpose of our government is to protect the Rights of the individual against the clamor of the masses.

The expression of those Rights, however, cannot credibly infringe on the Rights of others.
The Rights of the individuals who make up the masses should not be sacrificed to suit the few, either.

There must be balance.

One persons right to swing their hands in the air ends when those hands get too close to my face. 

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 05:14:31 pm »
Conservatives are people who know that the good of the people at large takes precedent over an individual.
Liberals believe the opposite. They think it's perfectly alright for the citizenry at large to suffer to protect the "rights" of an individual.
The irony is that conservatives are far more concerned about individual rights than liberals. But they know allowing mentally ill people or drug addicts to do as they please at the expense of average citizens is criminal.
For large groups of humans to live in the same area, certain boundaries and behaviours must be established as a standard--socially, physically, and behaviourally, otherwise, the society is going to be a failure.

Drug use was (and still is) criminal in many jurisdictions.
The decision to decriminalize that use has consequences for the entire community, consequences those laws were designed to avoid.
We have laws regarding public health, ("follow the science"), because crapping in the streets creates unsanitary conditions conducive to the spread of disease. I find it amazing that some place so long concerned with air quality and intolerant of car exhaust and other emissions would tolerate such, but then it's organic, right??

At some point, sane adults should be making the rules, and that does not appear to be the case.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 05:16:49 pm »
I wonder.... A lot of California was against this mess, I am sure. No one in their right mind would vote for such.

But America had a shot at avoiding the mess we're in, and here we are.

The only question is one of whether people actually voted for what they got.
Ca has 22 million registered voters but only 12 million voted in the recall...
If they were against newsom, they sure did not show it.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 05:22:00 pm »
Ca has 22 million registered voters but only 12 million voted in the recall...
If they were against newsom, they sure did not show it.
Either that or some of them were not counted.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 05:38:56 pm »

@EdinVA

Yup! I have zero sympathy for the idiots in their ivory towers who think they have enough wealth to make them immune to this sort of thing.

They asked for it,and they are getting it,good and hard.

I am literally looking forward to seeing the mansions burned to the ground after the insurance companies decide they are too big of a risk to cover anymore.

The only sad part about this is those very same losers will just move to other states,get another mansion built in an exclusive gated community with armed guards,and start their brain farts all over again.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online rustynail

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 05:56:38 pm »
Just ban tents.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 05:57:41 pm »
Just ban tents.
Past tense, present tense, or future tense?

C S Lewis

Online rustynail

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 06:05:28 pm »

The in ones.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 07:10:45 pm »

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2021, 07:43:02 pm »

I prefer present tents.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 08:31:06 pm »
The author of the piece is slandering hobos.

As any of you in my generation probably learned from your parents, hobos were (and properly still are) honest folk who embraced life on the open road. They do not beg, though they may avail themselves of publicly offered free meals. They do not steal. They will do odd jobs to earn money enough for self-chosen meager lives.  They value freedom in the extreme.

What the author means are bums.  Bums may, like hobos, roam from place to place and have no fixed abode, but bums beg, steal and try to avoid any honest work. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 08:37:39 pm »

As any of you in my generation probably learned from your parents, hobos were (and properly still are) honest folk who embraced life on the open road. They do not beg, though they may avail themselves of publicly offered free meals. They do not steal. They will do odd jobs to earn money enough for self-chosen meager lives.  They value freedom in the extreme.

What the author means are bums.  Bums may, like hobos, roam from place to place and have no fixed abode, but bums beg, steal and try to avoid any honest work. 

Agreed.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2021, 06:24:26 am »

Great point well made. Bums made a bad name for hobos among those who could not discern between the two.

C S Lewis