Author Topic: CNN, Biden come under fire for ‘invitation-only’ town hall  (Read 1003 times)

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: CNN, Biden come under fire for ‘invitation-only’ town hall
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2021, 05:23:29 am »
46th US POTUS Joe Biden.....

Taking satire where it has not been before. On a real time and unintentional level.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2021, 11:43:54 am »
Rising serpent
@rising_serpent
10h
Siri, in what diseases do you see clasp knife upper motor neuron rigidity and spasticity?

https://twitter.com/TruAmericanGal1/status/1451356655191461892
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2021, 11:46:33 am »
Invitation only?  I guess he got tired of everyone cheering for brandon

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2021, 12:27:02 pm »
Biden: I Haven’t Had the Time to Visit the Border, ‘I’ve Been There Before’ and My Wife Has

Ian Hanchett 21 Oct 2021

During a town hall on CNN on Thursday, President Joe Biden responded to a question on whether he has plans to visit the border by stating that he’s “been there before,” and knows the border well, and “I should go down, but the whole point of it is, I haven’t had a whole hell of a lot of time to get down.”

Host Anderson Cooper asked, “Do you have plans to visit the southern border?”

Biden responded, “I’ve been there before, and I haven’t — I mean, I know it well. I guess I should go down, but the whole point of it is, I haven’t had a whole hell of a lot of time to get down. I’ve been spending time going around looking at the $900 billion worth of damage done by hurricanes and floods and weather and traveling around the world. But, I plan on — now, my wife Jill has been down. She’s been on both sides of the river. She’s seen the circumstances there. She’s looked into those places.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/10/21/biden-i-havent-had-the-time-to-visit-the-border-ive-been-there-before-and-my-wife-has/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2021, 12:27:33 pm »
Biden: ‘You’re Not Seeing a Lot of Pictures of Kids Lying on Top of One Another’ with Tarps on Them on Border

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/10/21/biden-youre-not-seeing-a-lot-of-pictures-of-kids-lying-on-top-of-one-another-with-tarps-on-them-on-border/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2021, 12:41:16 pm »
This guy is an absolute bozo clown.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2021, 12:44:21 pm »
CNN’s Townhall Crowd Audibly Giggles As Biden Becomes Confused Mid Sentence

Virginia Kruta
Associate Editor
October 21, 2021 10:10 PM ET

Members of the audience at CNN’s Thursday town hall could be heard laughing when President Joe Biden appeared to lose his train of thought.

Biden was giving an answer to moderator Anderson Cooper about the Democrats’ plan to expand Medicare – making it so that the program would cover dental, vision and hearing – and he pivoted mid-sentence, apparently trying to reel himself back in.

WATCH:

https://rumble.com/embed/vlfwir/?pub=4

“One of the other things that Democrats are looking to do is to expand Medicare to include dental, vision, and hearing as well,” Cooper began, asking whether those three items would survive the negotiations going on within the Democratic Party.

“That’s a reach. And the reason why it’s a reach, it’s not – I think it’s a good idea,” Biden replied, saying that he supported the idea but Democratic West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin opposed it. “As is I think Senator Sinema –”

“Opposed to all of them?” Cooper asked.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/10/21/cnn-townhall-crowd-giggles-biden-confused/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2021, 12:46:27 pm »
President Biden Vows To Defend Taiwan From China, Says ‘I Guess I Should’ Visit Southern Border

Anders Hagstrom
White House Correspondent
October 21, 2021 10:25 PM ET

Republican voters pressed President Joe Biden on the border crisis and his commitment to curbing China’s military aggression at CNN’s town hall Tuesday.

Biden reaffirmed America’s commitment to defend Taiwan should China invade. The Chinese military has grown increasingly bold in its stance toward Taiwan in recent weeks, sending a record-breaking 52 warplanes into Taiwan’s air defense zone in early October.

“Militarily — China, Russia and the rest of the world knows — we have the most powerful military in the history of the world. Don’t worry about whether they’re gonna be more powerful,” Biden said. “But you do have to worry about whether they’re going to engage in activities that will put them in a position where they may make a serious mistake.”

CNN Host Anderson Cooper then interjected, asking whether Biden would commit to defending Taiwan.

“Yes, we have a commitment to do that.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/10/21/republicans-biden-cnn-townhall-china-border-taiwan/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2021, 01:04:01 pm »
Biden defies longstanding US policy by telling CNN town hall he WOULD defend Taiwan if it was attacked by China, forcing White House to issue 'clarification' contradicting president

The United States' support for Taiwan has always been a delicate dance
    Washington DC has backed the country but not explicitly discussed defense
    On Thursday night Biden, asked if the U.S. would protect Taiwan, said 'yes'
    China, which considers Taiwan its territory, is yet to comment on his remarks
    A White House spokesperson was forced to clarify the president's position, and said Biden was not announcing any change in US policy

By Afp and Harriet Alexander For Dailymail.com

Published: 22:43 EDT, 21 October 2021 | Updated: 07:10 EDT, 22 October 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10119067/Biden-says-yes-US-defend-Taiwan-against-China.html
Support the USO

Online Kamaji

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2021, 01:54:23 pm »
Let's Go Brandon!!!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2021, 02:12:32 pm »
Brandon, sharp as a tac, as always.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2021, 02:44:47 pm »
This should be good. CNN "fact checks" Biden's CNN town hall:
Fact-checking Biden's CNN town hall in Baltimore
By Daniel Dale
Updated 9:36 AM ET, Fri October 22, 2021

President Joe Biden participated Thursday in a CNN town hall in Baltimore, taking questions from anchor Anderson Cooper and local residents about his legislative agenda and a variety of other topics.

Biden made some false claims, along with making other claims that could have used additional context. He also made one claim, an assertion that he has visited the southern border in the past, that CNN couldn't immediately verify and that the White House did not immediately provide evidence to support.

Here's a fact check of some of his claims from Thursday's town hall.  ...

Biden explained that he has been spending time inspecting hurricane damage and "traveling around the world," then added, "But I plan on -- now, my wife, Jill, has been down. She's been on both sides of the river. She's seen the circumstances there."

Facts First: CNN could not immediately find any evidence that Biden has previously visited the southern border, and the White House has not specified when this visit supposedly occurred. Also, it's worth noting that Jill Biden's last visit to the border was in December 2019, during the presidential campaign, not as first lady.  ...

After he was asked a question about taxes on the wealthy, Biden said that under "this present tax code, the highest tax rate is 35 percent."

Facts First: Biden was wrong. The top marginal rate is actually 37%; 35% is the second-highest marginal rate.  ...
More

CNN found this one hard to fact check, but not every reporter had that problem:
Joe Concha
@JoeConchaTV
Cooper: “Do you have plans to visit the southern border?”

Biden: “I’ve been there before.” Ok… this is an easy one to fact-check, fact-checkers paid to handle this stuff (answer: Biden has never been to the border in 50 years as a politician)
9:42 PM · Oct 21, 2021
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 02:47:00 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2021, 02:44:53 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1451513473406574596

That's astounding.  How the White House - i.e., Biden's handlers - are officially on the record that they will prevent the U.S. from defending Taiwan if China attacks.

Xi certainly got his money's worth with this one.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2021, 03:12:27 pm »