Author Topic: Jetson One personal eVTOL looks like a ton of fun to fly  (Read 597 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Jetson One personal eVTOL looks like a ton of fun to fly
« on: October 21, 2021, 07:28:53 pm »
New Atlas  By Loz Blain 10/20/2021

If anyone can think of a more perfect name for a personal eVTOL, we're listening! Sweden's Jetson Aero has already sold out the 2022 production run of this cute little single-seat kit build, which is capable of zooming along at 63 mph (102 km/h).

The Jetson One is a simple design purely dedicated to muckin' about and having fun. Its single seat is suspended in an aluminum/carbon fiber spaceframe. It's a straight-up drone-style multicopter, with eight props mounted coaxially on four arms, putting out a total peak of 88 kW (118 horsepower). Jetson says it'll fly safely if one motor dies, but frankly I'd be more interested in landing safely at that point.

The pilot flies it with a throttle lever on the left, a joystick on the right, and a pair of pedals, presumably controlling yaw. There's some very basic system information displayed on a little dash that frankly looks like a smartphone in a cradle.

More: https://newatlas.com/aircraft/jetson-aero-personal-evtol/

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Jetson One personal eVTOL looks like a ton of fun to fly
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 10:52:00 pm »
That DOES look like fun! But expensive......
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 10:54:08 pm by Joe Wooten »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 11:03:22 pm »
I wonder how high it flies. The short video only shows it flying in ground effect.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 11:08:07 pm »
I wonder how high it flies. The short video only shows it flying in ground effect.

Since the batteries can only last for about 15 minutes, I don't think I'd take it more than 15-20 feet up anyway. And that is for a 190 lb man, I weight about 60 lbs more, so I'd bet my time limit would be 10 minutes or less.

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 11:09:46 pm »
That's pretty cool.

Now it just needs a nuclear energy battery so you can fly a long distance in it.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 11:14:33 pm »
That's pretty cool.

Now it just needs a nuclear energy battery so you can fly a long distance in it.

Looks like the batteries are right under the seat where they will have a neutral effect on the ctaft's balance. I'd imagine the nuclear battery would fry your nuts because the shielding would be too heavy to allow flight.