Author Topic: Derek Hunter: The Lucky Sperm Syndrome  (Read 65 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Derek Hunter: The Lucky Sperm Syndrome
« on: October 21, 2021, 04:43:07 pm »
The Lucky Sperm Syndrome
Derek Hunter

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 12:01 AM

The premiere of the third season of the HBO show “Succession,” which you can’t read about without some mention of it being “loosely based” on the Fox News founder, was last Sunday. It’s the story of Logan Roy, his children, and the family media business. As a show, it’s fine and I enjoy it. But as honest commentary or even interesting satire, it’s terrible because the leftists who make it can’t get over their Fox Derangement Syndrome.

The show can’t decide if it’s a comedy or a drama, which is very similar to real life. But this comes from Adam McKay and Will Farrell, who executive produce the show, so they can’t help but hammer in left-wing stereotypes of what they think conservatives are like, to the point of distraction, likely because they don’t know any in real life.

Similarly, leftists do the exact same thing to the real Rupert Murdoch and his empire. Watch any 20 minutes of CNN and you’re likely to see 15 minutes of Fox News clips with liberals complaining about it in the other 5 minutes. MSNBC might have a 14 to 6 ratio. They really are that pathetic.

Having written about the Murdoch family on occasion before, I expected better from HBO. Frankly, there’s fertile ground there for satire in the real thing, just not where any leftist would look.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2021/10/21/the-lucky-sperm-syndrome-n2597744
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Derek Hunter: The Lucky Sperm Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 05:55:04 pm »
Well, this is what happens when people acquire their view of the world from watching CNN. :shrug:

The blind leading the blind.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis