Author Topic: Cheney becomes GOP's Trump foil  (Read 144 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney becomes GOP's Trump foil
« on: October 21, 2021, 12:34:27 pm »
Cheney becomes GOP's Trump foil
By Scott Wong - 10/21/21 06:00 AM EDT

Rep. Liz Cheney is using her platform on the special committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack to take direct aim at Donald Trump — and become a foil to the former president and de facto leader of the GOP.

Since she led a band of 10 Republicans to impeach Trump for his role in inciting the Capitol riot, the Wyoming Republican and political scion has become the public face of the anti-Trump GOP movement.

But her new role as the vice chair of the Jan. 6 panel — one she owes to Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) — has helped elevate her national profile, through dramatic televised hearings, media interviews and big speeches, for whatever comes next.

On Thursday, Cheney will be given up to 30 minutes on the House floor to make her case for why lawmakers should vote to hold Trump confidant Stephen Bannon in criminal contempt for refusing to testify or provide documents to Congress about his knowledge of the violent assault.

The critical vote comes as Cheney, the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, escalates her attacks on Trump.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/577704-cheney-becomes-gops-trump-foil
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Cheney becomes GOP's Trump foil
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 05:27:41 pm »
And she is still a republicant why?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 05:29:53 pm »
And she is still a republicant why?

@Killer Clouds

Like too damn many elected officials,she is not a Republican and never has been. She just ran for office as a Republican because that is what she had to do to get elected.

In other words,she is a whore,a liar,and a thief.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 05:34:03 pm »
@Killer Clouds

Like too damn many elected officials,she is not a Republican and never has been. She just ran for office as a Republican because that is what she had to do to get elected.

I agree with everything you just said. My question was  rhetorical. It does bring up the point of why doesn't the GOP kick out these obvious DCP disciples from the party or atleast deny them being GOP members?

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 05:35:28 pm »
I agree with everything you just said. My question was  rhetorical. It does bring up the point of why doesn't the GOP kick out these obvious DCP disciples from the party or atleast deny them being GOP members?
Money...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 06:49:11 pm »

@Killer Clouds

Well,the sad,sad truth is that the fault is not at the GOP level,as much as we all love blaming them for everything.

The fault all lies are OUR level for allowing these bastards to even run for office. Blame the days of "ANY Republican is better than ANY Dim!" because it just ain't true. The false Republicans are a MUCH bigger danger because they ARE "the enemy withing our lines".

It is the Republican voters at the local polling stations that are to blame for this happening.

As that great philosopher "Pogo" once stated,"We haz met the enemy,and he is us!"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 06:50:49 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 07:13:59 pm »
sneakypete:

C'mon sneaky, quit sugar coating it, we know what shes really like! Her and Pelosi are cosmic twins!
 :laughingdog: 000hehehehe :laughingdog:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 07:42:43 pm »