Author Topic: Report: White House Weighs Deploying National Guard to Confront Supply Chain Crisis While Pete Butti  (Read 336 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: White House Weighs Deploying National Guard to Confront Supply Chain Crisis While Pete Buttigieg Is MIA

Wendell Husebø 19 Oct 2021

The White House is reportedly weighing whether to deploy the National Guard to confront the ever growing supply chain crisis while Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg has been on paternity leave.

“White House officials have explored in recent weeks whether the National Guard could be deployed to help address the nation’s mounting supply chain backlog, three people with knowledge of the matter said,” the Washington Post reported Tuesday.

The Post described the deliberations as reflecting an “extent to which internal administration deliberations about America’s overwhelmed supply chain have sparked outside-the-box proposals to leverage government resources to address the issue.”

The report noted that a “person with knowledge” of the deliberations suggested deploying the National Guard is one option the White House could implement. A second option would reportedly be to work “through states to deploy servicemembers.”

It is unknown how deploying the national guard would work given the operational logistics of the magnitude of the supply chain crisis. The Post further reports on the possibilities:

White House officials have weighed whether members of the guard could drive trucks amid a shortage of operators, or if they could be used to help unload packages and other materials at ports or other clogged parts of the supply chain.

As part of the review, White House officials have studied what kinds of driver’s licenses are held by National Guard members and if they would be sufficient to deploy them as truckers without hurting their ability to fulfill their existing responsibilities to the guard, the people said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/10/19/report-white-house-weighs-deploying-national-guard-to-confront-supply-chain-crisis-while-pete-buttigieg-is-mia/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What are they going to do.  Unload pampers for Buttboy's Twins?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Sounds like they're anticipating some push back?  Rightfully so.  This isn't just Buttgig's fault but the Joe administration in general.  You can bet Pelosi is still getting her ice cream!

I went to get dog food tonight at Wally World -- shelves pretty empty of the brand that Geronimo eats.  Only 2 bags left so I grabbed both. 

No I don't consider it hoarding.  If the shelves are empty, you grab what you can get. 

I'm stocked up on many things (low on meat), but I'm going to continue to buy to keep my stock supply.  Perhaps my kids or neighbors will be in need -- I'll be able to help.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

What are they going to do.  Unload pampers for Buttboy's Twins?
Yes. Along with his own.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Sheesh, the NG is NOT the damned answer to every crisis Washington creates.

And who will pay them?  The corporations/companies that they'll actually be working for?  The Feds ("corporate welfare")?

And it'll only worsen things on the back end because those troops won't be doing their normal jobs.

What a freakin' $hit$how...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline EdinVA

So it is going to be unarmed NG vs armed union thugs..... not a good situation

Offline mountaineer

Will California's enviro laws prevent NG trucks from approaching the docks?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

White House has weighed tapping National Guard to address mounting supply chain backlog
The idea appears unlikely to proceed but underscores extent of administration brainstorming to resolve snags
Listen to article

By Jeff Stein
Yesterday at 1:43 p.m. EDT|Updated yesterday at 4:15 p.m. EDT

White House officials have explored in recent weeks whether the National Guard could be deployed to help address the nation’s mounting supply chain backlog, three people with knowledge of the matter said.

The idea appears unlikely to proceed as of now, the people said, but reflects the extent to which internal administration deliberations about America’s overwhelmed supply chain have sparked outside-the-box proposals to leverage government resources to address the issue.

The people involved in discussions stressed the White House has looked at the option as part of its due diligence in assessing all potential ways to address the backlog, which has slowed down imports and shipping all over the country. One person with knowledge of the matter said the White House has not considered activating the National Guard at a federal level but could instead work through states to deploy service members.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/10/19/white-house-supply-chain-national-guard/

Offline EdinVA

Brainstorming??? yeah, right...
If biden thinks he can override governors and state legislators, then why not override the kalifornia abuse of the constitution and get things moving again?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sheesh, the NG is NOT the damned answer to every crisis Washington creates.

And who will pay them?  The corporations/companies that they'll actually be working for?  The Feds ("corporate welfare")?

And it'll only worsen things on the back end because those troops won't be doing their normal jobs.

What a freakin' $hit$how...

@SZonian

AND.......,they will be taking high-paying jobs for American citizens while doing it. Providing of course there is anyone left out there who is unemployed and willing to work after all the cash that has been handed out to keep them from working.

This is nothing less than the continued planned destruction of our economy and way of life by the left so they can take over total control like their Soviet idols had at one time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
@SZonian

AND.......,they will be taking high-paying jobs for American citizens while doing it. Providing of course there is anyone left out there who is unemployed and willing to work after all the cash that has been handed out to keep them from working.

This is nothing less than the continued planned destruction of our economy and way of life by the left so they can take over total control like their Soviet idols had at one time.
888high58888
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline rustynail

Seems like certain shoppers (lifters) should be opening up some of those containers that are just sitting there.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Who would have thought!  Democrats invent more and more crisises and they have the magic answers to them already to go.  It's just like they new the problem was coming and devised answers to the problems before they even happened!  Its like MAGIC!  Clueless enablers!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline mountaineer

Invent enough crises, and eventually martial law will be the only option.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline DB

I'm pretty confident that the national guard has very few if any trucks that meet California's engine/emissions rules.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Invent enough crises, and eventually martial law will be the only option.  *****rollingeyes*****

That's the angle I'm already getting with this. Put them out there for something benign and they're already there when you need them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Killer Clouds

If martial law is declared that is when the shooting starts.

Offline mountaineer

If martial law is declared that is when the shooting starts.
I don't want to find out, but we may.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The White House is reportedly weighing whether to deploy the National Guard to confront the ever growing supply chain crisis while Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg has been on paternity leave."

The National Guard ??
What are THEY gonna do ??
Stand there and aim their rifles at the container crane operators, and order them to move faster...??