Author Topic: Washington Post: Americans Should ‘Try to Lower Expectations,’ Accept Biden’s Supply Chain Crisis  (Read 930 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Washington Post: Americans Should ‘Try to Lower Expectations,’ Accept Biden’s Supply Chain Crisis

Katherine Hamilton 19 Oct 2021

In what seems like an attempt to distance President Joe Biden from the supply chain crisis ravaging the country and the globe, the Washington Post — which is owned by Jeff Bezos, one of the richest men in the world — published an op-ed on Monday telling American consumers to “try to lower expectations” moving forward.

“Rather than living constantly on the verge of throwing a fit, and risking taking it out on overwhelmed servers, struggling shop owners or late-arriving delivery people, we’d do ourselves a favor by consciously lowering expectations,” Micheline Maynard wrote for the Post.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1450410755698958337

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/19/washington-post-americans-should-try-to-lower-expectations-accept-bidens-supply-chain-crisis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Let's Go Brandon!  9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
C'mon Man! America, embrace mediocrity. The WP can embrace it all they want, not me and not any Americans I know. I refuse to accept the united states of venezuela!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 01:14:31 am by GtHawk »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
My expectations couldn't be any lower.  Lets go Brandon. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

My expectations couldn't be any lower.  Lets go Brandon.

Let's Go Brandon, Let's Go!    888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

When will Biden give his malaise speech popularized by Carter?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Interesting. In just eight ten months, we have gone from a land of plenty (even if toilet paper got scarce) to having Soviet style shelves in the stores.

Russia, Russia, Russia...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When will Biden give his malaise speech popularized by Carter?

I feel sorry for Jimmah "The Peanut" Carter being compared to Biden.  It really isn't fair to compare the brain dead imbecile who currently occupies the whitehouse to Jimmy.  Carter had his faults but the guy was never a mean spirited vindictive ass hole. 

Offline Kamaji

Wow.  Talk about regurgitating the Carter Administration.  Shades of the "Crisis of Confidence" speech, telling us to turn down our thermostats, and turn down our expectations.

Offline Hoodat

Washington Post: Americans Should ‘Try to Lower Expectations,’ Accept Biden’s Supply Chain Crisis

Sounds like something Goebbels would have said to the German people in 1944.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Interesting. In just eight ten months, we have gone from a land of plenty (even if toilet paper got scarce) to having Soviet style shelves in the stores.

Russia, Russia, Russia...

But it would have worked if we had just had the right people running it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

One of the things not being discussed is that these products sitting on these ships are prepaid so a substantial amount of capital is sitting on those ships.
Xmas sales generate a large percentage of annual revenue for retailers so we may see a lot of business cease operations if this does not get fixed soon.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Carter had his faults but the guy was never a mean spirited vindictive ass hole.

Tell that to the Israelis. :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rustynail

Open those containers, let the people 'shop the docks'.

Online Wingnut

Tell that to the Israelis. :whistle:

All democrates hate the Joos.  C'mon man.  It's a perquisite for office.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

But it would have worked if we had just had the right people running it.
Then, obviously, these are not the right people.

As for lowered expectations, this is a WaPo article, so...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Open those containers, let the people 'shop the docks'.
They would have to swim out to most of them...

C S Lewis

Offline rustynail

Offline skeeter

The rats are ruling like they don’t expect to be held accountable at the polls.

I wonder why that is.

Offline Hoodat

I wonder why that is.

Exactly.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

I wonder why that is.

I said after Biden was elected the press are going to get more absurd in their defense of him. This is an attempt to guilt the public into being grateful. It'll fail, of course. But expect this theme ramp up in the coming years. It's already beginning. This article, the "high class problems" remake, Psaki's treadmill comment........

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Even the WP is now admitting the Biden administration are a pack of fools.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Even the WP is now admitting the Biden administration are a pack of fools.

The thing is, WaPo is really happy about it.
I will NOT comply.