Author Topic: Democrat Terry McAuliffe Scrambles to Course Correct After Parents Comment: ‘My Words’ Taken ‘Out of  (Read 273 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrat Terry McAuliffe Scrambles to Course Correct After Parents Comment: ‘My Words’ Taken ‘Out of Context’

Ashley Oliver 19 Oct 2021

Former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D), who is running for governor again, released an ad this week clarifying that he has “always valued the concerns of parents” after he was hit with a tsunami of backlash for a comment he made about parents’ role in education in the last gubernatorial debate.

The new ad features photos of McAuliffe and his family as McAuliffe emphasizes the importance of parents in schools, a message that comes after McAuliffe said during the debate September 28, “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”

McAuliffe’s debate comment was met with a barrage of criticism, several op-eds from media outlets and interrogations from reporters, and fresh attacks from his Republican opponent, Glenn Youngkin, who seized on the moment and launched a “Parents Matter” initiative to amplify the two candidates’ contrasting positions on education policy.

In McAuliffe’s new ad, shared by the Virginia Scope, McAuliffe says, “As parents, Dorothy and I have always been involved in our kids’ education. We know good schools depend on involved parents. That’s why I want you to hear this from me. Glenn Youngkin’s taking my words out of context. I’ve always valued the concerns of parents”:

https://twitter.com/Jaaavis/status/1450199344863399939

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/19/democrat-terry-mcauliffe-scrambles-to-course-correct-after-parents-comment-my-words-taken-out-of-context/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I don't think McAwful can scrape what he stepped in off his face.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.