Author Topic: Joe Biden Reacts Late to Clogged Ports Crisis; White House Blames Private Businesses  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Kamaji

So far I'm not seeing shortages - beyond the typical shortages that come from poor management generally - in the grocery stores around here (north shore of L.I.).  I am seeing some vicious inflation, though.

Offline Hoodat

So far I'm not seeing shortages - beyond the typical shortages that come from poor management generally - in the grocery stores around here (north shore of L.I.).  I am seeing some vicious inflation, though.

The Biden coup just jacked up food stamp allotments by 27%.  That means you now have 27% more food stamp money competing against you for the same amount of food.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
truthfully I don't see any shortages to speak of in the grocery stores here in Huntington Beach, CA and I'm in them 2-3 times a week...at least the Ralphs/Kroger. The only shortages I have seen local is at Costco with their Kirkland TP and paper towels and I think a good part of that is morons hoarding, there has been no shortage of the Charmin brand TP that I have seen. It's all the price increases that are killing me! I just got my first rent increase in about two years $75, on top of the gas and food increases....let's just say I'll be losing that weight my doctors been on me about.
THe store i was in yesterday had nothing but empty shelves where Kelloggs cereals normally are placed for sale.Not one box of any Kellogs cereal anywhere to be found on those shelves. General Mills, Malt-o-Meal, and Post cereals were all stocked. And yes, prices are up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
THe store i was in yesterday had nothing but empty shelves where Kelloggs cereals normally are placed for sale.Not one box of any Kellogs cereal anywhere to be found on those shelves. General Mills, Malt-o-Meal, and Post cereals were all stocked. And yes, prices are up.

Another thing, I hope everyone is noticing, is that retailers are putting items up front in a manner that gives the illusion that the shelves are full.  Those boxes of Fruit Loops may only be a box or two deep. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Communists always blame capitalism for food shortages,as well as for anything else that goes wrong.

Face it,it's all they got.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Communists always blame capitalism for food shortages,as well as for anything else that goes wrong.

Face it,it's all they got.

We'll know the time has come, when the parasitic entitlement junkies start trying to raid Preppers.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We'll know the time has come, when the parasitic entitlement junkies start trying to raid Preppers.

@catfish1957

Yeah,THAT ought to work out well for them.

Offline mountaineer

Didn't the Kelloggs workers go on strike?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

Another thing, I hope everyone is noticing, is that retailers are putting items up front in a manner that gives the illusion that the shelves are full.  Those boxes of Fruit Loops may only be a box or two deep.
I have noticed that with canned goods, especially.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Here in western CT, the Walmart I go to was just about out of toilet paper yesterday. Elsewhere, some areas of shelves were sparse.

There are small stretches of empty shelves at the ShopRite supermarket, as well. Not full rows, just spots here and there.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Look at what NeverTrumpers and useful fool deniers have wrought,and brought to America.  Tell me are they are more innocent than a new born baby too, just like denier Biden ?  The NeverTrumpers have come home to roost, can they lie their way out of this just like Biden is trying to do?  Well?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Look at what NeverTrumpers and useful fool deniers have wrought,and brought to America.  Tell me are they are more innocent than a new born baby too, just like denier Biden ?  The NeverTrumpers have come home to roost, can they lie their way out of this just like Biden is trying to do?  Well?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

@christian

Well,they are going to give it the best shot they have. After all,Rude Orange Man doan have no manners and dey mama's wouldn't approve of them voting for someone like that.

Offline libertybele

Here in western CT, the Walmart I go to was just about out of toilet paper yesterday. Elsewhere, some areas of shelves were sparse.

There are small stretches of empty shelves at the ShopRite supermarket, as well. Not full rows, just spots here and there.

I bought paper towels and toilet paper last week to keep our supply plentiful.  The store shelves are full of both TP and paper towels at Target, Walmart, and the Publix supermarket. 

Shelves are sparse on personal needs like bandages, soaps, deodorant, razors, lotions, toothpaste, etc.

As for groceries; pasta sauces, pasta are sparse.  Prices are soaring on meat and fresh fruits and vegs. I buy frozen vegs -- they have been sparse.

I'll be needing to stock the freezer soon with meat and I'm not looking forward to the sticker shock.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That may have more to do with Kellogs workers being on strike than the truckers. I guess they are poed over the closer of a factory and moving jobs to Mejico. Who'd a thunk it?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Didn't the Kelloggs workers go on strike?
Yes, apparently what I read about the stoppage earlier didn't include the wage and benefit issues.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/10/06/kelloggs-strike-cereal-plants/

Offline Smokin Joe

I bought paper towels and toilet paper last week to keep our supply plentiful.  The store shelves are full of both TP and paper towels at Target, Walmart, and the Publix supermarket. 

Shelves are sparse on personal needs like bandages, soaps, deodorant, razors, lotions, toothpaste, etc.

As for groceries; pasta sauces, pasta are sparse.  Prices are soaring on meat and fresh fruits and vegs. I buy frozen vegs -- they have been sparse.

I'll be needing to stock the freezer soon with meat and I'm not looking forward to the sticker shock.
I caught a sale on 5 lb chubs of 81% ground beef today for about $13/5lb chub. I put six more in the freezer.
I'm going back tomorrow for more, but I have to clean out and defrost the freezer first.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

I caught a sale on 5 lb chubs of 81% ground beef today for about $13/5lb chub. I put six more in the freezer.
I'm going back tomorrow for more, but I have to clean out and defrost the freezer first.

It's sad that we are getting all excited over $2.60/lb ground beef.  I'm eating chicken almost exclusively now, since I can still score boneless chicken breasts for $2.99/lb.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

It's sad that we are getting all excited over $2.60/lb ground beef.  I'm eating chicken almost exclusively now, since I can still score boneless chicken breasts for $2.99/lb.
Yes, it is sad. Back when quarters were still silver, I remember ground beef at $0.19 a pound.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes, it is sad. Back when quarters were still silver, I remember ground beef at $0.19 a pound.

@Smokin Joe

We all still remember when the US Government never ran out of change,silver OR copper.

Looks like with all the tax money they take in,they could stamp out a few more coins,doesn't it?

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

We all still remember when the US Government never ran out of change,silver OR copper.

Looks like with all the tax money they take in,they could stamp out a few more coins,doesn't it?
Everyone is saving them for when the paper is cheaper than asswipe. Gotta have some medium of exchange.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

George Soros is well known for attacking a nations currency he goes after.  Being a close frIend of democrats, and George has declared he OWNS THE DEMOCRAT PARTY.  WHAT WE ARE NOW ENDANGERED AND GOING THROUGH IS THE WAY George Soros and global friends treat nations they intend to own lock, stock and barrel.  Little wonder smarter nations treat George Soros as a serious threat to their nation and treat Georgie as a vicious threat to their existence.  BECAUSE HE IS!  (Stooges love him and deny for him)

Offline Smokin Joe

George Soros is well known for attacking a nations currency he goes after.  Being a close frIend of democrats, and George has declared he OWNS THE DEMOCRAT PARTY.  WHAT WE ARE NOW ENDANGERED AND GOING THROUGH IS THE WAY George Soros and global friends treat nations they intend to own lock, stock and barrel.  Little wonder smarter nations treat George Soros as a serious threat to their nation and treat Georgie as a vicious threat to their existence.  BECAUSE HE IS!  (Stooges love him and deny for him)
I'd wager a lot of those stooges are on his payroll, one way or another.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

The promised lie/utopia so long promised is here, and the useful fool/deniers are crapping their drawers overseeing they are finally seeing their fruits come to fruition?  What is the mental problems of people terrorized by finally seeing they are getting what they as fools fought so damned hard for?  They finally see God's wrath approach, with the wicked in power,they put in power.  So unafraid for so long, seeing they got their way, and horrified?
Odd, when i work hard for something and achieve success, i'm really happy.  Whats the matter with these corrupted, demented, deranged people afraid of their own successes?
  :reaper: :smokin: :reaper: :smokin:  :reaper:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 12:28:17 am by christian »