Author Topic: White House touts Justice Department independence after Biden calls for Jan. 6 subpoena prosecutions  (Read 95 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House touts Justice Department independence after Biden calls for Jan. 6 subpoena prosecutions
by Katherine Doyle, White House Correspondent |
 | October 18, 2021 03:50 PM

The White House is attempting to walk back President Joe Biden’s assertion that any person who defies a subpoena from the Jan. 6 congressional committee should face federal prosecution.

“He believes it’s an independent decision that should be made by the Department of Justice, and they’ll make that decision,” press secretary Jen Psaki said on Monday in response to questions about the president’s comments Friday.

Biden has pledged to keep the Justice Department free of White House influence, telling voters last year that “the Justice Department in my administration will be totally independent of me.”

But asked by reporters whether he believed the DOJ should prosecute any person who defies a subpoena from the committee investigating the Jan. 6 riots, Biden weighed in.

“I do, yes,” Biden said Friday.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1449152408651812865

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/white-house-doj-biden-federal-prosecutions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The libs made such a stink whenever Trump even implied influence over the DOJ, meanwhile Biden's DOJ seems to ask how high when he tells them to jump.

Unfortunately this horse is out of the barn in terms of credibility after Garland goes after parents based on a letter from a partisan organization sent to Biden.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Killer Clouds

Why is it that everytime Psaki opens her mouth it's to lie about what Traitor Joe is lying about?