Author Topic: Superman's motto gets a modern update: 'Truth, Justice and a Better Tomorrow'  (Read 92 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Superman's motto gets a modern update: 'Truth, Justice and a Better Tomorrow'

By Leah Asmelash, CNN

Updated 4:05 PM ET, Sat October 16, 2021

(CNN)Superman's iconic motto, "Truth, Justice and the American Way," is getting an official update for the first time in decades.

"Truth, Justice and a Better Tomorrow" will be Superman's new motto, a change that was announced Saturday by DC Chief Creative Office and Publisher Jim Lee, during DC's FanDome. (CNN and DC Comics are both part of WarnerMedia.)

"To better reflect the storylines that we are telling across DC and to honor Superman's incredible legacy of over 80 years of building a better world, Superman's motto is evolving," Lee said. "Superman has long been a symbol of hope who inspires people, and it is that optimism and hope that powers him forward with this new mission statement."

excerpt:

The new motto isn't the only change the Superman universe has seen in the last week. On Tuesday, it was announced that Jon Kent is bisexual. In the fifth issue of the DC comic series "Superman: Son of Kal-El," Jon Kent will confirm his sexuality, after falling for Jay Nakamura, a male reporter, DC announced.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/16/entertainment/superman-new-motto-dc-fandome-cec/index.html
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 01:33:33 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sounds Ghey.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"Superman: Son of Kal-El," Jon Kent will confirm his sexuality, after falling for Jay Nakamura, a male reporter, DC announced.

The end of Superman in more ways than one! I can just see Superman action figures, costumes and toy sales booming with mainstream America with this story line. Yes booming with the explosive destruction of sales. What is it with DC and Marvel queering up as many superheroes as possible? I sure as hell wouldn't spend a penny on their movies or merchandise with these characters. After destroying Star Wars what's next for Disney maybe have Tony Stark dump Pepper and declare both he and Captain America are queer and in love? I wouldn't put it past the destroyers of family at Disney/ABC.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I appears Supermans best days are behind him.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I appears Supermans best days are behind him.

Spiderman is cooler anyways.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.