Author Topic: Toe tag art exhibit highlights migrants who died crossing into Arizona desert  (Read 268 times)

rangerrebew

Toe tag art exhibit highlights migrants who died crossing into Arizona desert
Immigration

by: Sandra Sanchez   
Posted: Oct 15, 2021 / 02:26 PM CDT   / Updated: Oct 15, 2021 / 06:24 PM CDT   

EDINBURG, Texas (Border Report) — An interactive art exhibit on display in South Texas features toe tags depicting where 3,200 undocumented migrants have died while trying to cross the desert into Arizona.

The exhibit, Hostile Terrain 94, is currently on display at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley at the campuses in Edinburg and Brownsville, Texas.

Dr. Sarah Rowe, an anthropology professor at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley on Oct. 14, 2021, explains an interactive art exhibit, Hostile Terrain 94, at the university's library in Edinburg, Texas. (Sandra Sanchez/Border Report)
Dr. Sarah Rowe, an anthropology professor at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley on Oct. 14, 2021, explains an interactive art exhibit, Hostile Terrain 94, at the university’s library in Edinburg, Texas. (Sandra Sanchez/Border Report)

It is data-driven art that is part of the Undocumented Migration Project, a nonprofit research organization directed by anthropologists to highlight migrant remains. It combines the geographic location of where the migrants died with community participation to create massive wall-sized pieces that are put up throughout the world.

https://www.borderreport.com/hot-topics/immigration/toe-tag-art-exhibit-highlights-migrants-who-died-crossing-into-arizona-desert/

Offline Kamaji

They should have f**king stayed where they were.  Too bad, so sad.  Life sucks, particularly when you put it in the blender and push the puree button intentionally.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wow!  Somebody notices the Sonoran Desert is dangerous, then decides it's because we're not sufficiently eager to let illegals pour over the border.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I don't know how meme'd the south of the border culture is, but this needs to get infiltrated to their populus before putting yourself and your family at risk.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So when do they create the toe tag exhibit of all the American victims of the illegals? They in my estimation deserve the sympathy this 'artiste' is trying to gin up for the invaders.

Offline mountaineer

The phrase "assumption of risk" comes to mind.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org