Author Topic: Anthony Fauci explains why there could be a 'dangerous' winter spike in Covid-19  (Read 398 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Anthony Fauci explains why there could be a 'dangerous' winter spike in Covid-19

Daily COVID-19 cases rose by 29 percent in the past 14 days with the country reporting more than 93,000 cases per day.
By
Adam Barnes | Nov. 22, 2021

Story at a glance

White House chief medical advisor Anthony Fauci on Sunday warned of a possible spike in coronavirus cases as the U.S. heads into the winter months.
    Fauci told CNN’s Dana Bash on Sunday that people moving indoors, waning vaccine-born immunity, and millions of unvaccinated Americans creates a potentially dangerous situation.
    “And that results in the dynamic of virus in the community that not only is dangerous and makes people who are unvaccinated vulnerable, but it also spills over into the vaccinated people, because no vaccine is 100 percent effective,” Fauci said.

White House chief medical advisor Anthony Fauci on Sunday warned of a possible spike in coronavirus cases as the U.S. heads into the winter months.

Fauci told CNN’s Dana Bash on Sunday that people moving indoors, waning vaccine-born immunity, and millions of unvaccinated Americans creates a potentially dangerous situation.

“And that results in the dynamic of virus in the community that not only is dangerous and makes people who are unvaccinated vulnerable, but it also spills over into the vaccinated people, because no vaccine is 100 percent effective,” Fauci said.

“And when you have a lot of virus circulating around, we know that there are breakthrough infections, and that's how you get the uptick in cases,” he added.

Daily COVID-19 cases increased by 29 percent in the past 14 days with the country reporting more than 93,000 cases per day.

more
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/582636-anthony-fauci-explains-why-there-could-be-a
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Dr. Death and his free cult in the MSM are ramping it up again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Fauci told CNN’s Dana Bash on Sunday that people moving indoors, .  .  .

Wasn't Fauci the one telling us to remain indoors when this thing first broke?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm only interested in hearing two words from Tony Fauci. I quit!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Let me see if I got this right, FLU season is the winter months so this 'expert' is warning us of something anyone older than oh say seven knows that the flu will spike in the winter. Well thank God for Fauci, eh? because who could have seen increased risk of flu in the winter flu season without him?

If Fauci really cared about keeping Americans safe he would quarantine himself in his home, limit speaking and breathing so as not to infect others, because we know the vaccine doesn't work. And continue this safe practice for the next, let's see Fauci is 79, so continue this practice for the next 20 years. Now that would help insure the health and safety of Americans.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Because it's a seasonal virus, the vaccine failed, and public health still pretends that it is a moral failure that's causing it.

The only moral failure is theirs.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They need to keep Fauci off TV.  His fifteen minutes of fame are up.

D'uh!  Of course there will be a Covid spike during the Holidays.

The statistics to watch are:

- % of hospitalizations for vaccinated vs unvaccinated
- % of ICU beds occupied by vaccinated vs unvaccinated
- % of deaths of vaccinated vs unvaccinated
- correlation of % vaccinated vs covid positivity rate seven day average
- % absenteeism due to illness

It is clearly evident that vaccines are not offering the protection from Covid infections as first hoped.

The value determination that remains is measuring their short-term and long-term efficacy against hospitalizations, deaths, and economic dislocations.

The current mRNA vaccines target only target the intially sequenced spike proteins.  Until additional Covid-19/SARS2 proteins or variations are targeted, the virus only needs to recombine or mutate enough to change the spike proteins to defeat the vaccines.

We are in a race against a virus that had a long headstart because of the deceit and duplicity of the Chinese Communist Party, and the incompetence of the initial CDC response.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

What pathetic word parsing. If it's truly dangerous to vaccinated people because no vaccine is 100% effective, then to qualify as 'dangerous' the vaccine would have to be outright faulty and ineffective.

Which at this point one would ask themselves why get vaccinated because it seems to be no more effective than remaining unvaccinated.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

But unlike an actual vaccine, this jab is 0% effective at generating an immune response against the SARS-2 virus itself.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@DefiantMassRINO

The statistics to watch are:

- % of hospitalizations for vaccinated vs unvaccinated
- % of ICU beds occupied by vaccinated vs unvaccinated
- % of deaths of vaccinated vs unvaccinated
- correlation of % vaccinated vs covid positivity rate seven day average
- % absenteeism due to illness

I'm wondering just how many of these stats have been done away with since they realize the vaccine isn't nearly as effective as they proclaimed.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

He needs to be behind bars.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

How about five words: "I plead guilty, your honor."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How about five words: "I plead guilty, your honor."

That would work as well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
But unlike an actual vaccine, this jab is 0% effective at generating an immune response against the SARS-2 virus itself.
This is complete disinformation. Enough.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EdinVA

The new wave of illegals crossing the border is right on time...

Offline Hoodat

This is complete disinformation. Enough.

Actually, it is completely true.  The body needs to see the virus in order to develop an immune response against it.  The Covid jab contains no SARS-2 virus.  Thus, no antibodies.

What it does do is try to create what it thinks the spike proteins on the virus overcoat look like, and the body develops an immune response to those proteins.  The response creates a mesh against those proteins which blocks those proteins from gaining hold of the cell wall.

But sometimes those spike proteins are not adequately covered, and they are still able to gain hold of the cell wall.  When that happens, the SARS-2 virus inside that coat is able to gain access to the interior of the cell, where it takes over and replicates itself en masse.

It is only at that point that the body begins to generate an immune response against the SARS-2 virus, because it is only now that the body has come in contact with it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Because he had his Chinese pals brew up a fresh batch for the Christmas Season?

Do I win anything?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The misinformation is that the shots immunize us from Covid-19/SARS2.  If they did, there wouldn't be so many breakthrough infections within a months of receiving them.  I personally know (2) recipients of the J&J shot and (2) recipients of the Moderna shot who have contracted Covid-19/SARS2 infections, but non required hospitalization.  The J&J recipeients were mildy symptomatic.  The Moderna recipients were asymptomatic.  I did get my 3rd Pfizer boost last week because it still offers protection against risk of hospitalization and death.

mRNA technology is new.  It's immunological efficacy requires more study and understanding.  The current mRNA shots are based upon sequences of the spike proteins from the original Wuhan strains of the virus.  The mRNA shots are an effective at reducing likelihood of hosipitalization and death.  The efficacy of preventing infection and preventing spread has come into question since the Delta variant.

Are people who have received the measles and smallpop vaccines having the same per capita percentage of breakthrough infections?

We all want the mandates, masking, social distancing, and disruptions to end.  The shots have not lived up to their original pollyana hopium.  They remain a valuable tool against hospitalization and death, but not as effective as hoped against infection and transmission.

I will continue to mask, wash my hands, and socially distance while inside indoor public spaces.

My wife and I went out to dinner (indoors) with some neighbors for the first time since February 2020.  None have experienced any symptomatic infections as a result.  I cannot say that none experienced nonsymptomatic infections because there is insufficient testing and community surveillance to make such a claim.

My mother-in-law and father-in-law just completed a cross-Atlantic cruise from Amsterdam, Netherlands, to Port Everglades, Florida.  The were tested before they boarded the flight to Amsterdam.  They were squestered to their hotel in Amsterdam until they boarded the ship.  They were tested again before they boarded the ship in Amsterdam.  The were tested yet again before they disembarked the ship in Port Everglades, FL.  There were no cases of Covid-19/SARS2 on the ship at anytime during the cruise.

My wife and I are thinking of rescheduling our cancelled March, 2020, cruises for after April 1st, 2022.

With the shots, masking, social distancing, disinfection, hand washing, testing, and community surveillance, quality of life can improve.

We are not ready to party like Spring Break, and we may not be for a while.  In the meantime, lets enjoy as much progress as we can make with the tools we have now.  The alternatives are complete isolation; economic, social and poltical collapse; and dying alone on a respirator in a hospital ICU.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

The shots have not lived up to their original pollyana hopium.  They remain a valuable tool against hospitalization and death, but not as effective as hoped against infection and transmission.

Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc, anti-inflamatories, and certain antibiotics have also proven to be a valuable tool against hospitalization and death.  But as far as treatments go, the anti-parasitics are only given to people who are infected while the shots are given only to people who are not (and may never be) infected.