Author Topic: US Army to Develop Cap That Can Improve Soldiers’ Sleep  (Read 83 times)

rangerrebew

US Army to Develop Cap That Can Improve Soldiers’ Sleep
« on: October 16, 2021, 01:18:43 pm »
US Army to Develop Cap That Can Improve Soldiers’ Sleep
Joe Saballa October 13, 2021

The US Army is looking to develop a new device that can optimize the flow of brain and spinal cord fluid, allowing soldiers deployed in difficult missions to have improved sleep.

Researchers from various American universities have been tapped to measure and modulate the flow of cerebrospinal fluid, which assists the brain by draining its waste during sleep. It also helps in absorbing shock and cushioning sudden movements.

One project’s objective is to create a lightweight cap that could work in any situation and is easily transportable. “The Department of Defense asked if we can design a small, portable cap that can measure and modulate the brain health of warfighters during sleep to enhance their performance,” Rice University’s (RU) Institute of Biosciences and Bioengineering director Paul Cherukuri explained.

Engineers from RU and physicians from Houston Methodist Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine will lead the first year of research and development for the tech project.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2021/10/13/us-army-cap-soldiers-sleep/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: US Army to Develop Cap That Can Improve Soldiers’ Sleep
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 02:14:37 pm »
Huh?

I have slept while riding in the bed of a duece and a half while riding down a bumpy dirt road.

Hell,I have even taken naps while standing in formation. Seriously.

The Golden Rules for surviving in the infantry is

" 1:If there is no reason to be standing,you sit.

2: If there is no reason to be sitting,you lay down.

3: If there is no reason to be awake,you go to sleep"

Don't believe me,ask anyone who was ever an infantryman.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter