Author Topic: GOP Sen. Cassidy Calls on House Republicans to Support Infrastructure Bill — ‘Take Away the Leverage  (Read 316 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Sen. Cassidy Calls on House Republicans to Support Infrastructure Bill — ‘Take Away the Leverage of the Progressive Caucus’

Trent Baker 15 Oct 2021

Friday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) urged House Republicans to support the $1.5 trillion infrastructure bill.

Cassidy said he is “incredibly frustrated” with his colleagues because the infrastructure bill would be “great for our country” and “create a lot of jobs.” He argued that if House Republicans would support the bill, it would “take away the leverage of the progressive caucus,” which is trying to tie the infrastructure package to the $3.5 trillion reconciliation package.

“[T]his is a great bill for all Americans, whatever your political party,” Cassidy outlined. “It does seem like politics are trumping the needs of the American people. So, if we can pass this, it’s going to be great for our country, create a lot of jobs. And by the way, just to make the distinction, this is not the reconciliation bill — $3.5 trillion. This is the money for infrastructure.”

“It’s all into politics right now,” he later added. “If House Republicans decided to support this bill, they would take away the leverage of the progressive caucus. Because they have decided not to, the progressives have an incredible amount of leverage, and they’re the ones that are trying to force linkage with the reconciliation bill.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/10/15/gop-sen-cassidy-calls-on-house-republicans-to-support-infrastructure-bill-take-away-the-leverage-of-the-progressive-caucus/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Friday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) urged House Republicans to support the $1.5 trillion infrastructure bill.

Idiot.  This isn't an infrastructure bill.  This is a $1.5 trillion Democrat Party slush fund for the next ten years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Idiot.  This isn't an infrastructure bill.  This is a $1.5 trillion Democrat Party slush fund for the next ten years.

I hope Sen Kennedy R-LA slaps some sense into that guy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

I'm sure the rats can peel off a few RINOs with goodies set aside for them here & there.

Offline Hoodat

I'm sure the rats can peel off a few RINOs with goodies set aside for them here & there.

You mean like Sen. Cassidy?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

You mean like Sen. Cassidy?
When it comes to spending the only difference between the rats and most of the GOP is the lip service.

Offline Longiron

When it comes to spending the only difference between the rats and most of the GOP is the lip service.

Caving always solves the problems for the UNIPARTY Republican Part of EVIL. Some are waking up but not quite their yet! Need more PAIN and it is coming. Thanks to the Uniparty Republican Party of EVIL. :patriot: 333cleo

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Does anyone have the backstory on what the hell happened to Cassidy?

Offline Hoodat

Does anyone have the backstory on what the hell happened to Cassidy?

Dead girl or live boy.

Offline bilo

Dead girl or live boy.

Maybe it's as simple as he's your typical arrogant professional (doctor) who assumes he knows best and is easily manipulated by devious leftists who play to his ego. I think this is probably a good description of most Rino's.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Longiron

Maybe it's as simple as he's your typical arrogant professional (doctor) who assumes he knows best and is easily manipulated by devious leftists who play to his ego. I think this is probably a good description of most Rino's.

Good analyst but forgot the money part which is the closer for the UNIPARTY Republican Party. :amen:

Offline bilo

Good analyst but forgot the money part which is the closer for the UNIPARTY Republican Party. :amen:

Great addition!

The belief in individual sovereignty is lost on these Rino's. To my way of thinking it's the greatest product of western civilization and these arrogant weak minded elitists don't understand it the way people in fly over country do.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
For a senator from Louisiana, this Cassidy is certainly a disappointment...