Author Topic: Inside the Scheller Court-Martial: A Generation of Generals on Trial  (Read 99 times)

rangerrebew

Inside the Scheller Court-Martial: A Generation of Generals on Trial
Mil & Intel   

By Noelle Wiehe & Carl Prine | October 14, 2021

CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. — Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller pleaded guilty Thursday at a special court-martial trial here to blasting his chain of command in a string of social media posts that exposed a generational gap between the Americans who fought counterinsurgency wars over the past two decades, and the brass who oversaw them.

“Since this endeavor began, not a single general officer has accepted accountability,” said Scheller, a 17-year Marine infantry veteran who was decorated for battlefield valor in Afghanistan. “Not a single general officer has contacted me directly in any forum to deescalate the situation. Since this endeavor began, I have acknowledged that I should be held accountable for my actions. I am standing here today pleading guilty. This is me accepting accountability. But it deeply pains me that my senior leaders are incapable of being as courageous.

“Without accountability from our senior leaders, the system cannot evolve, and the military will ultimately keep repeating the same mistakes in the future,” he continued. “It doesn’t matter if a staff sergeant squad leader is highly efficient in distributed operations if the general officers have relegated themselves to ‘yes sir’ responses. We need senior leaders who possess the moral courage to push back when something doesn’t make sense.”

https://coffeeordie.com/inside-scheller-court-martial/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Inside the Scheller Court-Martial: A Generation of Generals on Trial
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 01:51:34 pm »
Lt. Colonel Scheller is exactly right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien