Author Topic: Herschel Walker cancels fundraiser over swastika of syringes: ‘Again, another Conservative has decid  (Read 670 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Herschel Walker cancels fundraiser over swastika of syringes: ‘Again, another Conservative has decided to succumb to the outrage mob’
October 14, 2021 | Robert Jonathan

Pro-Trump U.S. Senate hopeful Herschel Walker has canceled a fundraiser because an event organizer reportedly included offensive imagery on a social media account profile.

The host, Texas-based film producer Bettina Sofia Viviano-Langlais, grouped syringes in a swastika pattern as part of her Twitter profile as a form of symbolic opposition to mandatory COVID vaccinations. She has subsequently removed the picture and replaced it with a sign that reads “God bless Texas.”

Walker was scheduled to appear on Saturday at Viviano-Langlais’ Dallas-area home to raise money for his bid in Georgia to unseat radical Democrat Raphael Warnock before the Atlanta Journal-Constitution broke the story.

On behalf of the candidate, Walker spokesperson Mallory Blount strongly disavowed the symbolism. “Herschel is a strong friend of Israel and the Jewish community and opposes hatred and bigotry of all forms. Despite the fact that the apparent intent behind the graphic was to condemn government vaccine mandates, the symbol used is very offensive and does not reflect the values of Herschel Walker or his campaign.”

https://twitter.com/politicalinsidr/status/1448252660734468098

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/10/14/herschel-walker-cancels-fundraiser-over-swastika-of-syringes-again-another-conservative-has-decided-to-succumb-to-the-outrage-mob-1148519/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I 'get' the graphic, but a red circle around the syringe swastika with a slash through it would better convey resistance to the 'Karens Gone Wild'  mentality sweeping through the Federal Government.

After all, that's the message: No Vax Nazis!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

So someone called out the vaxx nazis for being nazis?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Swastikas will get you in trouble every time.  Not so with the hammer and sickle.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, Walker has the guts of John McStain, who berated people for pointing out Bathhouse Barry's middle name is "Hussein."

Bye, bye Herschel....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Swastikas will get you in trouble every time.  Not so with the hammer and sickle.

Weird, isn't it?  Nazi extermination pales in comparison to the number of humans removed from this earth by communist tyrants.  Yet useful idiots still line up, demanding that communism be given another chance.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

Weird, isn't it?  Nazi extermination pales in comparison to the number of humans removed from this earth by communist tyrants.  Yet useful idiots still line up, demanding that communism be given another chance.
Well, the nazis did give it an all-out effort that would have a hard time claiming they didn't do all they could to 'make it work'. Somehow, Communists always find a way to say the failed efforts didn't "try hard enough" or were not done by 'the right people'. But then, the rest of the world hasn't gone head to head with the Communists in a 'hot' war yet.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So, Walker has the guts of John McStain, who berated people for pointing out Bathhouse Barry's middle name is "Hussein."

Bye, bye Herschel....

This is (was?) the twitter page of the woman hosting the fundraiser.  Seriously, @Cyber Liberty  ------ can you not imagine the damage that would have been done to his candidacy and every Republican, including Trump?   We can make our points without nazi memorabilia.

Lesson learned ..... let's do better vetting of social media home pages before hooking up.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 04:28:44 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber wrote:
"Bye, bye Herschel...."

I can't understand why any thinking person would support Walker.

The guy is being proffered as "a great black hope" who -- 'way down in Georgia -- is seen as the only person who can beat a sitting black senator.

Find a REAL candidate...

Offline Smokin Joe

Cyber wrote:
"Bye, bye Herschel...."

I can't understand why any thinking person would support Walker.

The guy is being proffered as "a great black hope" who -- 'way down in Georgia -- is seen as the only person who can beat a sitting black senator.

Find a REAL candidate...
Seems like candidates are being chosen on the basis of the checkmarks they get before they open their mouths. I just don't see the syringe swastika as promoting anything, but the problem is the graphic itself.
If the Syringe swastika is meant to protest medical totalitarianism, it should have, as a heraldic device, a circle around it and a slash across that circle to denote "NO" whatever is in the circle. As it stands, the image could be interpreted to mean support for medical naziism.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's ironic.

I keep imagining Adam Schiff in jail,and awaiting the hangman for treason.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Hoodat

That's beause they all consider themselves to be the Commisars,not the peons.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

I get the symbolism, and approve. Of course the media are being intentionally obtuse.

I get the symbolism, and approve. Of course the media are being intentionally obtuse.

Obtuse has nothing to do with it.  The political enemy plays from one script for the long game and total victory.

Offline bilo

This is (was?) the twitter page of the woman hosting the fundraiser.  Seriously, @Cyber Liberty  ------ can you not imagine the damage that would have been done to his candidacy and every Republican, including Trump?   We can make our points without nazi memorabilia.

Lesson learned ..... let's do better vetting of social media home pages before hooking up.

:amen:

That page was just dumb. Walker is showing solid judgement.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

:amen:

That page was just dumb. Walker is showing solid judgement.

:beer:

Offline skeeter

Obtuse has nothing to do with it.  The political enemy plays from one script for the long game and total victory.
what really bothers me, @Right_in_Virginia, is the left uses nazi references to good affect, when they arent busted for fake hate crimes, all of the time.

This is just another example of the two different standards each side is held to. Especially galling when it is the left behaving like totalitarians.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 04:08:41 pm by skeeter »

what really bothers me, @Right_in_Virginia, is the left uses nazi references to good affect, when they arent busted for fake hate crimes, all of the time.

This is just another example of the two different standards each side is held to. Especially galling when it is the left behaving like totalitarians.

I know @skeeter

What bothers me is we still don't have a strategy to deal with this.  We use words to describe the political enemy like "obtuse" and "incompetent" ---- when they are neither.  They are doing what they have promised to do since 2007 ---- fundamentally change the United States.  They are united in their mission and relentless in executing their strategy.

We are neither.  If we need to resort to nazi memorabilia to try and make a point, we are losing the fight, and losing it badly.

IMO, Walker showed good judgment ---- an anomaly of late in the Republican Party.

Offline bilo

I know @skeeter

What bothers me is we still don't have a strategy to deal with this.  We use words to describe the political enemy like "obtuse" and "incompetent" ---- when they are neither.  They are doing what they have promised to do since 2007 ---- fundamentally change the United States.  They are united in their mission and relentless in executing their strategy.

We are neither.  If we need to resort to nazi memorabilia to try and make a point, we are losing the fight, and losing it badly.

IMO, Walker showed good judgment ---- an anomaly of late in the Republican Party.
[/b]

Maybe the answer is we need more people running for office who were successful outside of politics. Careerists have one thing in common, they almost always disappoint us.

Offline skeeter

I know @skeeter

We do need a strategy, for sure. Seems a good place to start would be to stop allowing the media to set the context for everything we say or do. Stop being frightened of what they say about us; they hate us and always will.

We do need a strategy, for sure. Seems a good place to start would be to stop allowing the media to set the context for everything we say or do. Stop being frightened of what they say about us; they hate us and always will.

There's a world of difference between courageous and stupid.  Perhaps this ahould be our first lesson.

The twitter page with the nazi symbol is stupid.

Offline bilo

And how many independents stuck with Trump?

IIRC, they abandoned him because of his "mean tweets". Just saying  :shrug:

Offline skeeter

mean tweets are stupid. Got it

In 2020 Donald Trump received more votes than any Republican in history.

But by all means, continue your crusade to destroy him and earn your place as the GOP poster child for "COURAGE".  .