Author Topic: Let’s Go Brandon! Looks Like Stagflation Is Already Here  (Read 210 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Let’s Go Brandon! Looks Like Stagflation Is Already Here
« on: October 13, 2021, 01:28:18 pm »
Let’s Go Brandon! Looks Like Stagflation Is Already Here
I & I Editorial Board
October 13, 2021

On the same day the International Monetary Fund cut its growth forecast for the U.S. economy, Atlanta Federal Reserve President Raphael Bostic warned that the “transitory” bout of inflation “won’t be brief.” How do you spell stagflation? B-i-d-e-n-o-m-i-c-s.

The IMF report, released Tuesday, has the international organization lowering growth globally by a 10th of a percentage point and for the U.S. by a full percentage point.

That’s just the latest sign that the economy isn’t building back better under Biden. It might not be building back at all.

Take a look at the GDPNow estimate produced by Bostic’s Atlanta Fed. Basically, GDPNow tries to calculate the current quarter’s GDP in real time by tracking data that the Commerce Department uses to compile the official GDP number — which won’t come out until a month after the quarter has ended.

As a result, the “nowcast” can change as new data emerge. Look what’s happened in the third quarter. The first GDPNow estimate, produced in late July, had growth topping 6%. That’s where it stayed until late August. But then a flood of new data came out showing the economy had sharply decelerated. The “nowcast” suddenly dropped to below 3% growth.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2021/10/13/lets-go-brandon-looks-like-stagflation-is-already-here/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Let’s Go Brandon! Looks Like Stagflation Is Already Here
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 01:35:05 pm »
Jimmy would be so proud of his protoge.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 01:59:03 pm »
I just put a down payment on my Christmas Rib Roast. 

Also I hear Alpo with hot sauce is quite tasty as a pâté.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 02:06:44 pm »

I'm laying in plenty of kibble and Keystone Light for the Super Bowl.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 02:11:43 pm »
I'm laying in plenty of kibble and Keystone Light for the Super Bowl.

Ah the good stuff, 'Stones. Too rich for my blood.  I'm hoping Natty Light drops to $1.99 fo a six pack so I can have taste.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 05:48:39 pm »

I guess you haven't paying attention to the price of dog and cat food, pretty soon it'll be purchased on the installment plan too. A small can of Pedigree cost me about .79 at Wally's the start of the year but now nine months into the Biden plan it's $1.19. Unless I buy it at the grocery store, then I can add another .30 t0 .40 cents. It's so bad I am thinking about claiming my dog as a dependent when I file taxes.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 05:53:24 pm »
Inflation was warned of for a long time now,now that its effects are devastating, people are finally ready to quite denying and bawl their eyes out.  As expected once its too late, their denial ends and people are concerned, because its too damned late to do anything about it!  By the way, invest in powdered gravy, it will at least let you choke down some of what you are forced to endure.  Insisting one going down lifes hard road esp with denial,is not without its nasty consequences.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 06:57:17 pm »
Inflation was warned of for a long time now,now that its effects are devastating, people are finally ready to quite denying and bawl their eyes out.  As expected once its too late, their denial ends and people are concerned, because its too damned late to do anything about it!  By the way, invest in powdered gravy, it will at least let you choke down some of what you are forced to endure.  Insisting one going down lifes hard road esp with denial,is not without its nasty consequences.

Powdered gravy --- I was finally able to get a few packages -- something that the stores around here have been out of.

Let's Go Brandon!!!!!  9999hair out0000

I have taken out a loan to buy our turkey yet for Thanksgiving -- none to be found.  I was told that they should be in, in a couple of weeks.

Let's Go Brandon!!!

@christian  You are correct the azzhats are taking a look around scratching their heads; yes it's way way too darn late.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 06:58:13 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2021, 07:20:17 pm »
As much as I hate to see it happen myself, I think a good dose of economic reality ala the Carter years might do the millennials & Xers a bit of good. They've never known anything but Trickle Down good times.

Might help explain some of those questions they had nagging at them in college but were afraid to ask.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 07:21:21 pm by skeeter »

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2021, 09:13:45 pm »
Powdered gravy --- I was finally able to get a few packages -- something that the stores around here have been out of.

Let's Go Brandon!!!!!  9999hair out0000

I have taken out a loan to buy our turkey yet for Thanksgiving -- none to be found.  I was told that they should be in, in a couple of weeks.

Let's Go Brandon!!!

@christian  You are correct the azzhats are taking a look around scratching their heads; yes it's way way too darn late.

I'll gladly trade you Tuesday for gravy mix....for a couple of cans of chick peas. Why the heck there is a shortage of chick peas evades my tiny mind.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2021, 09:42:07 pm »
My brothers OCD wife has been trying to survive on chickpeas for years now, she brags about how much money she saves by doing that.  My brothers opinion on that, not fit to print!
 ***suicide*** ***hair on fire
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 09:42:54 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions