Author Topic: Will Nancy Pelosi retire at the end of this term – and if so, who will take her place?  (Read 222 times)

Online libertybele

I would love to see her retire, but I'm afraid her replacement will be someone like AOC.

Will Nancy Pelosi retire at the end of this term – and if so, who will take her place?

Amid Democrats’ contentious negotiations over the bipartisan infrastructure bill and the reconciliation package, the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, was able to distract Capitol Hill reporters for a few minutes with her use of a certain C-word.

“I just told members of my leadership that the reconciliation bill was a culmination of my service in Congress because it was about the children,” the Democratic speaker said at a press conference late last month.

Moments after Pelosi made the comment, a reporter noted that “culmination” often points to the end of an experience. “Get out of here,” Pelosi said to laughs from other reporters.

The exchange exemplified Pelosi’s other comments about her potential retirement: a hint, chased with a heavy dose of uncertainty. Despite her previous promises to fellow House Democrats, it remains unclear whether Pelosi will step down as speaker at the end of this term.

But one thing is certain: whenever Pelosi does decide to call it quits, her departure will mark the end of a history-making career for the first woman ever to serve as House speaker, as well as the beginning of a new era in Democratic politics...............

........................Typically, that job would fall to one of the speaker’s top two lieutenants, the majority leader, Steny Hoyer, and majority whip, Jim Clyburn. However, both of them, like Pelosi, are in their early 80s, which has sparked questions about whether it may be time for some fresh faces to manage the House Democratic caucus. Pelosi herself has said that she views her second stint in the speaker’s chair as “a bridge to the next generation of leaders”.

“I’m a big fan of all the House leaders, but they’ve done a very poor job of handling the idea of who’s going to succeed the speaker,” Manley said. “Once they figure out who’s going to succeed her, that person is going to have to figure out a way to work all the different aspects of the caucus as well as she did.”

One of the names most frequently tossed around as a potential successor to Pelosi is Hakeem Jeffries, the chair of the House Democratic caucus.  ....................

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/oct/11/nancy-pelosi-retire-who-will-replace-her-if-she-does-democrats
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

At least aoc would be entertaining but I would suspect that shiftless would take the reins.  The dems seem to put a lot of faith in him.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Democrats NEVER retire. The only way a Dem leaves office is six months after they are dead.
Rumors like this have been around for years. I am skeptical.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
People like Pelosi don't retire. They latch themselves in and hang on until they die.

Someone might replace her in 2022, but only if the Dems lose control of Congress.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Someone from China,so the Chinese can eliminate the middleman/middlewoman?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Steny Hoyer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdinVA

Steny Hoyer.

Hoyer is not progressive enough... and he is not really a fighter, he is more of a tactical guy.

Online libertybele

Hoyer is not progressive enough... and he is not really a fighter, he is more of a tactical guy.

He's about a year older than Pelosi; so would the DEMS put in the next Speaker who's older??  If they go younger, then we're looking at someone probably more progressive.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Pelosi will not retire.  She's worked too hard, for too long, to give away the power she has accumulated.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I prefer she is frog-marched to a federal courthouse to face charges of sedition against American citizens from her Jan 6 escapades.

There are 94 year old Nazis being found and tried, so a 80-year old hag is nothing.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 05:39:03 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Slide Rule

Oliver North would be an outstanding replacement.
No need to be a member of the house.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I prefer she is frog-marched to a federal courthouse to face charges of sedition against American citizens from her Jan 6 escapades.

There are 94 year old Nazis being found and tried, so a 80-year old hag is nothing.

@IsailedawayfromFR

You know the prime difference between Nazi's and Communists?

Different uniforms.

Online libertybele

Oliver North would be an outstanding replacement.
No need to be a member of the house.

Sure he would, but I don't see that happening.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Sure he would, but I don't see that happening.

@libertybele

I would like to see him announce he wanted the position,and then see Trump back him up.

Just watching the left stroke out would be worth whatever the cost was.