Author Topic: Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Trump’s Plan To Use $3.6 Billion for Border Wall  (Read 461 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Trump’s Plan To Use $3.6 Billion for Border Wall
 Martin Walsh
October 12, 2021

The Biden administration was handed another policy defeat by the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday after justices remanded a case back to a lower court regarding a resumption of funding for the border wall.

The administration has been working to block additional funding for sections of wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, but the high court ruled that a U.S. district court in California, where a judge had previously ruled against Donald Trump’s attempt to utilize unassigned Pentagon funds for wall construction, must “consider what further proceedings are necessary and appropriate in light of the changed circumstances in this case.”

“The Supreme Court returned the case to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit ‘with instructions to direct the District Court to vacate its judgments,’ the Supreme Court wrote in its Monday order,” Newsweek reported.

A 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals panel let the ruling of a lower court stand, writing, “The panel affirmed the district court’s judgment holding that budgetary transfers of funds for the construction of a wall on the southern border of the United States in California and New Mexico were not authorized under the Department of Defense Appropriations Act of 2019.”

The appeals court also based its ruling on environmental claims made by California and New Mexico in the June 2020 affirmation of the lower court

more
https://conservativebrief.com/in-favor-52666/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just one more slap down for the 9th circus, I expect they still are and will continue to be the most overturned court.

Offline EdinVA

I wish these "writers" would learn how to write... what a convoluted word salad..

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Just one more slap down for the 9th circus, I expect they still are and will continue to be the most overturned court.

I thought Trump changed the formation of the 9th circus?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Should be interesting to see what happens with this case, given that #FJB has basically decided to shut down all construction on the wall.

Offline skeeter

The overturned ruling was made by a 9th Circuit (3 judge?) panel.

Offline libertybele

Should be interesting to see what happens with this case, given that #FJB has basically decided to shut down all construction on the wall.

Even though SCOTUS ruled, will their ruling be complied with??  IF not, then we truly have absolutely NO rule of law other than what the leftists/marxists dictate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

He had some good judges installed but I don't believe enough to turn it shall we say Constitutional?

Online GtHawk

All it does is affirm that Trump was right, but Barney Fife is in charge now.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re-mobilizing the contractors would eat up some of the funds. Transporting equipment, etc. pulling it off other jobs, setting up POL points, etc. None of that is cheap. It's like putting a stacked out oil rig back up and drilling ($50-$100K plus trucking, or considerably more offshore).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis