Author Topic: The Democrats' Dark Campaign Master (new book by Mollie Hemingway)  (Read 650 times)

Offline mountaineer

Byron York's Daily Memo: The Democrats' dark campaign master
by Byron York, Chief Political Correspondent
October 11, 2021 08:24 AM
Mollie Hemingway's important new book, Rigged: How the Media, Big Tech, and the Democrats Seized Our Elections, goes on sale tomorrow. In it, she covers the ways Democratic activists took advantage of the Covid pandemic to push long-sought changes in the ways people vote. They were enormously successful in some key states and left Republicans desperately playing catch-up.

For some Democrats, the effort was the culmination of a drive to bring down Donald Trump that began well before he took office. And for no Democrat was that more true than Washington lawyer Marc Elias.

What is really extraordinary, as Hemingway points out, is that one man, Elias, was responsible for both the Steele dossier, which was the covert Democratic disinformation operation designed to bring down Trump during the 2016 campaign, and those wide-ranging changes in state election procedures, designed to make sure he did not win reelection in 2020. ...

The changes Elias and Democrats wrought almost certainly ensured the election of Joe Biden. Even today, Republicans don't quite know how to deal with the situation. Several states with GOP-controlled legislatures have passed or are considering election reform laws that would undo some of the Elias-driven changes. But other Republicans are working on ways to win in the new electoral world. If winning depends on mail-in voting, early voting, ballot harvesting, and more — then Republicans will have to get with it. They're living in Elias's world. ...
More at Washington Examiner
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: The Democrats' Dark Campaign Master (new book by Mollie Hemingway)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 12:48:19 pm »
So who is this sleazeball?
Marc Erik Elias (born February 1, 1969) is an American attorney specializing in election law, voting rights and redistricting. He is the founding partner of Elias Law Group. Elias was previously a partner at Perkins Coie and head of the firm's political law practice. He served as general counsel for the Hillary Clinton 2016 presidential campaign and John Kerry 2004 presidential campaign. In 2020 and 2021, on behalf of the Biden campaign and the Democratic National Committee, Elias oversaw the state-by-state response to lawsuits filed by the Trump campaign contesting the election results. In 2020, he founded Democracy Docket, a website focused on voting rights and election litigation in the United States.
Wikipedia.

Graduate of Hamilton College, too, which is infamous for being one of the looniest of loony leftwing campuses. Breitbart reported on Sept. 21, 2021:
Marc Elias’s recent departure from the Perkins Coie law firm is related to an investigation by special counsel John Durham into the origins of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) surveillance of former President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign, Amanda Milius, director of The Plot Against the President, said on Monday’s edition of SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Daily with host Alex Marlow.

Durham’s investigation led to a grand jury’s indictment of Michael Sussman, another lawyer who also recently resigned from Perkins Coie, for making a false statement to the FBI. Sussman is alleged to have lied about his representation of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign when he requested a meeting with the FBI’s general counsel to accuse the Trump Organization of “covert communications” with a Russian bank.  ...

“Perkins Coie, as far as non-government institutions go, [is] probably the most powerful group of people in the country. Mark Elias left a couple of weeks ago, which is very weird, and signifies that they know something’s up. I think that signals that there’s so much weight to this,” she stated.

“I don’t want to get my hopes up entirely, because everybody’s like, ‘Oh, we’ve been waiting for your repercussions for Russiagate for so long, and nothing will ever happen.’ I agree, but if guys like Congressman Nunes — who is like the guru of this whole thing, he really understands this better than anybody — if he thinks that he likes what he sees from this, and that’s kind of what I’m getting [from him], then that gives me a lot of hope. That’s a very positive sign, because there’s nobody that knows about this stuff more than he does,” she said. ...
More

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 01:19:46 pm »
Mollie Hemingway: What happened during the 2020 election must be investigated and discussed
The last time Democrats fully accepted the legitimacy of a presidential election they lost was in 1988
Mollie Hemingway
By Mollie Hemingway | Fox News

Editor's note: The following op-ed is excerpted from the author's new book, "Rigged."
If questioning the results of a presidential election were a crime, as many have asserted in the wake of the controversial 2020 election and its aftermath, then much of the Democratic Party and media establishment should have been indicted for their behavior following the 2016 election. In fact, the last time Democrats fully accepted the legitimacy of a presidential election they lost was in 1988.  ...

Rather than accept that Trump won and Clinton lost fair and square, the political and media establishments desperately sought to explain away Trump’s victory. They settled on a destructive conspiracy theory that crippled the government, empowered America’s adversaries, and illegally targeted innocent private citizens whose only crime was not supporting Hillary Clinton.  ...

From 2016 through 2020, the easiest way to achieve stardom on the political left was to loudly proclaim one’s belief that the 2016 election was illegitimate—stolen by the Russians on behalf of a corrupt traitor. Conspiracy-mongering, up to and including the assertion that the president of the United States was a secret Russian spy, was the highest form of patriotism.

And then 2020 happened.

At the drop of a hat, America’s electoral system went from irredeemably corrupt and broken in 2016 to unquestionably safe in 2020.  ...
FOX News

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 01:51:55 pm »
 :bkmk:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 01:59:29 pm »

That Elias guy has nothing on Mike Dukakis' old political leg breaker, John Sasso.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright