Author Topic: Pfizer to vaccinate entire city in Brazil as part of study.  (Read 261 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Pfizer to vaccinate entire city in Brazil as part of study.
« on: October 11, 2021, 02:33:16 am »
Pfizer to vaccinate entire city in Brazil as part of study.
NY Times, Oct 10, 2021

In the southwestern Brazilian city of Toledo, you won’t find much vaccine skepticism. About 98 percent eligible residents there have received at least one dose of a Covid vaccine, according to municipal officials.

Most received the vaccine offered by Pfizer, and this week the drug maker said that presented an opportunity: Pfizer announced that it would fully vaccinate everyone in the city over the age of 12 so it can carry out a study of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine.

The company will work with local health officials, a hospital, a university and Brazil’s national vaccination program to monitor the transmission of the coronavirus in a “real-life scenario” after the whole population has been vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech serum, Pfizer said.

The study will follow participants for up to one year to investigate how long vaccine protection lasts against Covid-19 and new virus variants.

More:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/10/world/pfizer-vaccinate-entire-city-toledo-brazil.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Offline Hoodat

Re: Pfizer to vaccinate entire city in Brazil as part of study.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 02:38:51 am »
So how is Pfizer's study going in the entire United States?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 04:21:10 am »
Israel already did that test.

And failed.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 11:45:05 am »
So a billion people have been injected with this "miracle" and NOW they want to study it?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 02:00:51 pm »
So a billion people have been injected with this "miracle" and NOW they want to study it?

Great point.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 02:11:04 pm »
They need to determine the proper dose for maximum lethality
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 02:11:29 pm »
My take?

(1) I think the Vax does protect those like myself who might have age and pre-existing conditions from a bad hospital outcome.  It all should be like for everyone else.....   Weigh the risks versus benefits.  If I was 30, and as healthy as I was at 30?  Hell no, on the Vax.
(2) Do I think that the Vax protects me from getting it?  Hell No!!!  Breakthrough cases have gone through the roof.  We were lied to, on that account.
(3) Vaccinating every single person age 0-100 in an entire city?  Brazil must have weak tort laws.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 02:41:54 pm »
Actually, what's most interesting about this report is that the NYTimes is reporting it positively.  One might expect a left-leaning publication to decry the exploitation of a population in the developing world by "Big Pharma", but no, not this time. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.