Author Topic: US household winter heating costs to see double-digit growth: EIA  (Read 160 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
This is when a good woodstove comes in handy!    FJB!

US household winter heating costs to see double-digit growth: EIA 

The Energy Information Administration has warned that the cost of heating oil is expected to rise approximately 43% compared to last year to due to "higher expected fuel costs as well as more consumption of energy due to a colder winter."

Meanwhile, the agency expects propane costs to rise by 54%, natural gas costs to rise by 30% and electricity costs to rise by 6%.

According to the EIA's winter fuels outlook, the average U.S. household is expected to spend an average of $1,734 during the 2021-2022 winter season if using heating oil to heat their homes, up from $1,210 last year, $1,268 if using electricity, up from $1,192 last year, and $746 if using natural gas, up from $572 last year.

Depending on where people live, the EIA said residential costs will rise between roughly $11 to $14 per thousand cubic feet (mcf) for natural gas, compared to around $7 to 12 per mcf for natural gas last year, about $2.50-$3.50 per gallon for propane, compared to around $1.50-$2.50 per gallon for propane last year, and almost $3.50 per gallon for heating oil, compared to $2.50 per gallon for heating oil last year.

The nearly half of U.S. households that use natural gas could potentially spend 50% more in a colder-than-average winter and 22% more in a warmer-than-average winter, the 41% of U.S. households using electricity could spend 15% more in a colder winter and 4% more in a warmer winter, the 5% of households using propane could spend 94% more in a colder winter and 29% more in a warmer winter, and the 4% of households using heating oil will could spend 59% more in a colder winter and 30% more in a warmer winter.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/household-winter-heating-double-digit-growth-eia
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.