Author Topic: The True Merrick Garland  (Read 66 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The True Merrick Garland
« on: October 10, 2021, 01:21:01 pm »
October 10, 2021
The True Merrick Garland
By Sally Zelikovsky

Conservatives generally don’t respect Mitch McConnell and for good reason, but he sure did this country a favor blocking Merrick Garland’s Supreme Court nomination. It turns out, the soft-spoken Attorney General carries a huge stick labeled “domestic terrorists” that he isn’t afraid to wield against average Americans to deprive them of a slew of civil rights.

To exact his pound of flesh from Trump and his supporters, Garland willingly abandoned the very principles that originally won him Obama’s support:

Trust that justice will be done in our courts without prejudice or partisanship is what, in a large part, distinguishes this country from others. People must be confident that a judge’s decisions are determined by the law, and only the law. For a judge to be worthy of such trust, he or she must be faithful to the Constitution and to the statutes passed by the Congress. He or she must put aside his personal views or preferences, and follow the law -- not make it.

Fidelity to the Constitution and the law has been the cornerstone of my professional life, and it’s the hallmark of the kind of judge I have tried to be for the past 18 years. If the Senate sees fit to confirm me to the position for which I have been nominated today, I promise to continue on that course.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/10/the_true_merrick_garland.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The True Merrick Garland
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 10:33:14 pm »
Say what you will about Mitch the turtle, but he kept this guy OFF OF the Supreme Court,
and...
Got Amy Barrett ONTO the Court on very short notice...