Author Topic: CNN on Supply Chain Crisis: Consumers Can’t Expect to Shop Like Pre-Pandemic ‘Before Times’  (Read 158 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

CNN on Supply Chain Crisis: Consumers Can’t Expect to Shop Like Pre-Pandemic ‘Before Times’
Breitbart, Oct 12, 2021

President Joe Biden and his Departments of Commerce, Labor, and Transportation have failed to solve a supply chain crisis causing the backup of supplies at U.S. ports and cross country transportation as the left-wing media lays the blame solely on the coronavirus.

A CNN report said consumers can’t expect to shop like they did in the “Before Times” and highlighted manufacturers warning of limited food supplies:

If you hoped grocery stores this fall and winter would look like they did in the Before Times, with limitless options stretching out before you in the snack, drink, candy and frozen foods aisles, get ready for some disappointing news.

Many of the country’s biggest food makers are telling grocers that they will have limited quantities of a number of their products, including items such as Rice Krispies Treats, Sour Patch Kids, some Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavors, McCormick gourmet spices and Marie Callender’s pot pies because of labor, commodity and transportation constraints throttling supply chains, according to emails viewed by CNN and interviews with grocers. Some suppliers are also telling grocers to cancel their promotions of these items and more over the holidays so products won’t disappear from store shelves as quickly.

Purchase limits from manufacturers were rare before the pandemic and are creating “lesser than full conditions” for customers in Morton Williams stores, said Steve Schwartz, director of sales at the New York area chain. Morton Williams is trying to tap secondary suppliers when its primary vendors for food and household essentials can’t fulfill orders.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/12/cnn-on-supply-chain-crisis-consumers-cant-expect-to-shop-like-pre-pandemic-before-times/

Offline bilo

STAGFLATION

The propagandists want everyone to believe the shortages are only due to shipping problems. It's not true. Sure, some of the problem is due to shipping problems but a bigger issue is the stagflation we are seeing now. We have declining demand at the same time costs are rising (inflation). People should be very concerned about this because the solutions to shrinking demand are the opposite of what you need to do to stop inflation.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DefiantMassRINO

For me, the "before-times" were the 1970s.  Time to hoard powdered milk, frozen juice concetrate, gasoline, and Billy Beer.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
For me, the "before-times" were the 1970s.  Time to hoard powdered milk, frozen juice concetrate, gasoline, and Billy Beer.

IIRC Billy's brew enjoyed some impressive initial sales of the six pack's.  Almost everyone, After drinking all or part of the 1st can, used the remaining 5 full cans for target practice or to poison someone. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

IIRC Billy's brew enjoyed some impressive initial sales of the six pack's.  Almost everyone, After drinking all or part of the 1st can, used the remaining 5 full cans for target practice or to poison someone.
Had to stop and re-read.

Thought you were talking about Hunter's art instead.

Saw one of my fellow hunters tacking one that looked like that to a tree for target practice before buck season.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LMAO

As prices continue to rise and the economy suffers, expect more of the media coming to the Administration's rescue

The gap between the media and elected class and average Americans will widen even further
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy