Author Topic: Study: More Than 21-Million Concealed Carry Holders, Up 10.5% In 2020  (Read 678 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Highlights.... Permits up 48% over the past five years and a 10.5% increase in 2020 alone.

Alabama has the highest concealed carry rate — 32.1%

Six states now have over 1 million permit holders: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Florida is the first state to have over 2.5 million permits.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2021/10/07/study-more-than-21-million-concealed-carry-holders-up-10-5-in-2020-n50703

One in 3 you meet in Bama is probable carrying .... think about it.... Gotta love Alabama
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Study: More Than 21-Million Concealed Carry Holders, Up 10.5% In 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 06:05:18 am »
Highlights.... Permits up 48% over the past five years and a 10.5% increase in 2020 alone.

Alabama has the highest concealed carry rate — 32.1%

Six states now have over 1 million permit holders: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Florida is the first state to have over 2.5 million permits.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2021/10/07/study-more-than-21-million-concealed-carry-holders-up-10-5-in-2020-n50703

One in 3 you meet in Bama is probable carrying .... think about it.... Gotta love Alabama
While it would take a sizeable bump in population for North Dakota to top 1 million, we have Constitutional carry, open carry, and Castle Doctrine, and IIRC, stand your ground as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 06:34:13 pm »
While it would take a sizeable bump in population for North Dakota to top 1 million, we have Constitutional carry, open carry, and Castle Doctrine, and IIRC, stand your ground as well.

Yeah, you make a good point (that the article also glances over). We here in Alabama are sadly just "renting" our rights. Sheriffs sure know a good way to shake down the public and most use it to outfit their departments. Congrats to Constitutional Carry (CC) states... I envy ya...

The police unions exercise a lot of power in state and few candidates like to cross them. The slush fund from stepping on the 2nd to them is indispensable. Even though the permits do one thing that is beneficial (allow carry to other states that also rent the right). Some claim that they would still buy permits for this reason, but it is a shame that all states are not CC.

:yowsa:

Also... permit or no permit.... I bet the rate of carry (at least part of the time) is much higher than the official "permit estimates". I know years I didn't have a permit, I often carried on the down low, my life was worth more than some unconstitutional law.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 06:41:57 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 10:09:25 pm »
Yeah, you make a good point (that the article also glances over). We here in Alabama are sadly just "renting" our rights. Sheriffs sure know a good way to shake down the public and most use it to outfit their departments. Congrats to Constitutional Carry (CC) states... I envy ya...

The police unions exercise a lot of power in state and few candidates like to cross them. The slush fund from stepping on the 2nd to them is indispensable. Even though the permits do one thing that is beneficial (allow carry to other states that also rent the right). Some claim that they would still buy permits for this reason, but it is a shame that all states are not CC.

:yowsa:

Also... permit or no permit.... I bet the rate of carry (at least part of the time) is much higher than the official "permit estimates". I know years I didn't have a permit, I often carried on the down low, my life was worth more than some unconstitutional law.
We still have permits (I have had one for decades), but they are mainly for out-of-state use. It's nice because the background check means you've been vetted, so the police can relax a mite, if they are savvy.  I'd still carry without, though (better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 12:50:26 pm »
Armed bystander intervenes, shoots Park City shooter; charges pending against 16-year-old: police [update]
    DAN NEPHIN | Staff Writer Oct 18, 2021

A bystander armed with a gun intervened in a shooting in Park City Center on Sunday afternoon, shooting one of the participants, Lancaster police said.

The unidentified bystander, who legally possessed the firearm, had heard gunshots related to a fight between two males that knew each other, police said. The bystander remained on scene until security and police arrived. ...

The Lancaster County District Attorney's office is investigating the bystander's actions, police said. The bystander was released after an interview with police.

Though the bystander had a legal gun, Park City prohibits weapons. ...
Lancaster Online
I presume the bystander had a concealed carry license. Gee, I hope the mall doesn't prosecute for taking his weapon on the premises.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org