Author Topic: Kurt Schlichter: Regulate Big Tech the Right Way – Unleash the Lawyers  (Read 63 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Regulate Big Tech the Right Way – Unleash the Lawyers
Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Oct 07, 2021 12:01 AM

Why do you think Facebook is so excited about Section 230 reform and government regulation of Big Tech – did it suddenly start caring about free speech and the rights of citizens and unicorn liberation? No. We can’t throw these aspiring dictators into the briar patch that is government-run regulation. As Admiral Ackbar, and anyone who is even vaguely conscious sees, it’s a trap.

There’s a better way, a way that will actually bring these creepy nanny statists to heel.

It’s not traditional regulation – the creation of some sort of Department of Social Media serves the interests of both Big Tech and the Democrats, and it will make the internet substantially less free. That’s not a bug – that’s the feature.

Big Tech loves the idea of some new government agency regulating the interwebs because it has the bottomless wallet to buy the people doing the regulating. Where will people running the regulation come from? Big Tech. Where will they go after they work in the Department of Social Media for a while? Back to Big Tech. See how that works?

Doubt me? Please name the agency that works differently. I’ll wait.

I’m still waiting. And I’ll be waiting until I’m Biden years old, because it always happens, every single time.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2021/10/07/regulate-big-tech-the-right-way--unleash-the-lawyers-n2596982
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why not scream MONOPOLY as they did with AT&T, Microsoft and others? They are anti competitive, destroy any competition that dares to challenge them and control their entire field. Oh wait I forgot, the entities are controlled by leftists and support leftists and their agenda.