State Chapters > Arizona

Ruben Gallego is left's favorite to take on Sinema

(1/3) > >>

mystery-ak:
Ruben Gallego is left's favorite to take on Sinema
By Max Greenwood - 10/07/21 06:01 AM EDT

Rep. Ruben Gallego (D) has emerged as an early favorite to primary Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D) in Arizona as fury on the left grows over her opposition to the party’s sweeping reconciliation package.

As Democrats’ patience with Sinema runs out amid negotiations over the $3.5 trillion social policy and climate change package, Gallego, a 41-year-old in his fourth term representing a Phoenix-based district, has found himself at the center of an effort to oppose Sinema’s reelection in 2024.

Progressives are already laying the groundwork for a potential primary challenge, and one campaign, Run Ruben Run, has set its sights specifically on recruiting Gallego into the race.

For now, at least, many Democrats remain wary of the early efforts to challenge Sinema from the inside. They’re holding out hope that she reverses course and gets behind the reconciliation bill. But in conversations with The Hill, half a dozen Democratic activists and party insiders said that a primary is not off the table and pointed to Gallego as a top prospect if Sinema continues to hold out on the party’s key legislative priorities.

“Ruben is a strong progressive leader who has accomplished a lot of things in a short time,” Steven Slugocki, the former Maricopa County Democratic Party chair, said. “He’s passed a lot of bills, he’s a veteran, he’s a Latino. He’s a strong voice in Congress who’s getting things done. He has a lot of support in the party as well as with Democrats across the state.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/575675-democrats-eye-gallego-amid-growing-frustration-with-sinema

HikerGuy83:
Fantastic !

If they primaried her off the ballot, we'd get a R senator back.

As long as we don't run McSally.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on October 07, 2021, 04:57:56 pm ---Fantastic !

If they primaried her off the ballot, we'd get a R senator back.

As long as we don't run McSally.

--- End quote ---

McSally will never win the Primary....probably Trump's worst endorsement ever.  He's endorsed Lake for Governor, probably just as bad.

Wingnut:
I like candidates that are not named after a sandwich.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on October 07, 2021, 05:24:11 pm ---McSally will never win the Primary....probably Trump's worst endorsement ever.  He's endorsed Lake for Governor, probably just as bad.

--- End quote ---

You would hope that she'd just fade.

But, you can never tell.

Just when the GOP starts to make sense.......   8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby

And, of course, the bigger question in my mind is : Who is the GOP grooming to run. 

We need a good conservative bench and I am not seeing it.  Does not mean it does not exist.  I just have not seen it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version