Author Topic: Ruben Gallego is left's favorite to take on Sinema  (Read 1130 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ruben Gallego is left's favorite to take on Sinema
« on: October 07, 2021, 04:56:26 pm »
By Max Greenwood - 10/07/21 06:01 AM EDT

Rep. Ruben Gallego (D) has emerged as an early favorite to primary Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D) in Arizona as fury on the left grows over her opposition to the party’s sweeping reconciliation package.

As Democrats’ patience with Sinema runs out amid negotiations over the $3.5 trillion social policy and climate change package, Gallego, a 41-year-old in his fourth term representing a Phoenix-based district, has found himself at the center of an effort to oppose Sinema’s reelection in 2024.

Progressives are already laying the groundwork for a potential primary challenge, and one campaign, Run Ruben Run, has set its sights specifically on recruiting Gallego into the race.

For now, at least, many Democrats remain wary of the early efforts to challenge Sinema from the inside. They’re holding out hope that she reverses course and gets behind the reconciliation bill. But in conversations with The Hill, half a dozen Democratic activists and party insiders said that a primary is not off the table and pointed to Gallego as a top prospect if Sinema continues to hold out on the party’s key legislative priorities.

“Ruben is a strong progressive leader who has accomplished a lot of things in a short time,” Steven Slugocki, the former Maricopa County Democratic Party chair, said. “He’s passed a lot of bills, he’s a veteran, he’s a Latino. He’s a strong voice in Congress who’s getting things done. He has a lot of support in the party as well as with Democrats across the state.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/575675-democrats-eye-gallego-amid-growing-frustration-with-sinema
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Ruben Gallego is left's favorite to take on Sinema
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 04:57:56 pm »
Fantastic !

If they primaried her off the ballot, we'd get a R senator back.

As long as we don't run McSally.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 05:24:11 pm »
Fantastic !

McSally will never win the Primary....probably Trump's worst endorsement ever.  He's endorsed Lake for Governor, probably just as bad.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 06:53:29 pm »
I like candidates that are not named after a sandwich.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 07:12:25 pm »
McSally will never win the Primary....probably Trump's worst endorsement ever.  He's endorsed Lake for Governor, probably just as bad.

You would hope that she'd just fade.

But, you can never tell.

Just when the GOP starts to make sense.......   8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby

And, of course, the bigger question in my mind is : Who is the GOP grooming to run. 

We need a good conservative bench and I am not seeing it.  Does not mean it does not exist.  I just have not seen it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 07:13:38 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 07:35:45 pm »
You would hope that she'd just fade.

But, you can never tell.

Just when the GOP starts to make sense.......   8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby

And, of course, the bigger question in my mind is : Who is the GOP grooming to run. 

We need a good conservative bench and I am not seeing it.  Does not mean it does not exist.  I just have not seen it.

Whoever loses this year's GOP Primary against Mark Kelly will probably try again in 24.  I dunno of the State Party is "grooming" somebody, that's why it's kept secret from us apparatchiks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2021, 07:39:21 pm »
By Max Greenwood - 10/07/21 06:01 AM EDT

Rep. Ruben Gallego (D) has emerged as an early favorite to primary Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D) in Arizona as fury on the left grows over her opposition to the party’s sweeping reconciliation package.

As Democrats’ patience with Sinema runs out amid negotiations over the $3.5 trillion social policy and climate change package, Gallego, a 41-year-old in his fourth term representing a Phoenix-based district, has found himself at the center of an effort to oppose Sinema’s reelection in 2024.

Progressives are already laying the groundwork for a potential primary challenge, and one campaign, Run Ruben Run, has set its sights specifically on recruiting Gallego into the race.

For now, at least, many Democrats remain wary of the early efforts to challenge Sinema from the inside. They’re holding out hope that she reverses course and gets behind the reconciliation bill. But in conversations with The Hill, half a dozen Democratic activists and party insiders said that a primary is not off the table and pointed to Gallego as a top prospect if Sinema continues to hold out on the party’s key legislative priorities.

“Ruben is a strong progressive leader who has accomplished a lot of things in a short time,” Steven Slugocki, the former Maricopa County Democratic Party chair, said. “He’s passed a lot of bills, he’s a veteran, he’s a Latino. He’s a strong voice in Congress who’s getting things done. He has a lot of support in the party as well as with Democrats across the state.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/575675-democrats-eye-gallego-amid-growing-frustration-with-sinema

@mystery-ak

Once again,the left resorts to racism.  They brag about their candidate being a "Latino" (which is BullBush squared),and not ONE word about him being an American.

Divide and Conquer is all they have.

I am honestly starting to look forward to Day One of the Second American Revolution.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 07:40:22 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 01:50:27 am »
@mystery-ak

Once again,the left resorts to racism.  They brag about their candidate being a "Latino" (which is BullBush squared),and not ONE word about him being an American.

Divide and Conquer is all they have.

I am honestly starting to look forward to Day One of the Second American Revolution.

Your observations are very helpful.

Thank you.

I agree that they will do this any chance they get.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 05:22:15 am »
Whoever loses this year's GOP Primary against Mark Kelly will probably try again in 24.  I dunno of the State Party is "grooming" somebody, that's why it's kept secret from us apparatchiks.

I don't know how Masters showed up, but he needs a whole lot more money.

Frankly, given a choice between Kelly and Sinema, I'd take her. 

He's a disaster.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 12:51:56 pm »
Fantastic !

When I posted that, I really thought there was no way Gallego has a chance.

Now, I am scared to death he'll be a senator from AZ. 

Red AZ sending a moron like that to the federal senate. 

When we call good evil and evil good.