Author Topic: Raskin: Those Defying January 6 Committee Subpoenas Could ‘Be Jailed’  (Read 135 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Raskin: Those Defying January 6 Committee Subpoenas Could ‘Be Jailed’

Pam Key 6 Oct 2021

Representative Jamie Raskin (D-MD) said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “The ReidOut” that anyone who defied the House Select Committee subpoenas during their investigation of the January 6 riot could be “jailed.”

In a video, Select committee chairman Rep. Benny Thompson (D-MS) said, “Well, the only thing I can say is the committee will probably to those who don’t agree to come in voluntarily, we’ll do criminal referrals and let that process work out.”

Raskin said, “There is a process for getting criminal contempt by turning information over for the District of Colombia and getting the Department of Justice to demand that these people appear in court and be jailed until the point at which they cooperate with the congressional subpoena.”

He added, “It could also be civil contempt, or it also could be inherent contempt of Congress where we design our own process for hauling these people in and perhaps fining them until they’re willing to cooperate.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/10/06/raskin-those-defying-jan-6-committee-subpoenas-could-be-jailed/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
All bark and no bite right there.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Killer Clouds

Raskin should be jailed.

Offline Kamaji

Go ahead.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Only democrats have the right to obstruct justice, and they do it proudly and in large numbers!
 9999hair out0000
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions