Author Topic: Global warming: Nobel Prize in Physics has become a joke, too  (Read 119 times)

rangerrebew

Tuesday, October 05, 2021
Global warming: Nobel Prize in Physics has become a joke, too

Yesterday, Scandinavian officials announced that the Nobel Prize in Medicine went to some folks who discovered the receptors of temperature and touch which sounds like interesting biophysics (in fact, a better candidate for a physics prize than what we discuss below). However, minutes ago, a new shock awaited us, especially 1/2 of the announcement is utterly shocking.

The Nobel Prize in Physics 2021

Giorgio Parisi got one-half

for the discovery of the interplay of disorder and fluctuations in physical systems from atomic to planetary scales

which is acceptable although I would obviously vote No. Giorgio Parisi has been a top notch particle physicist who has worked on QCD, partons, asymptotic freedom, Monte Carlo simulations, and even SUSY, and co-authored with men like Virasoro, to show that he has really been close to "my field" (his collaboration distance from me is 3, through Ferrara and Freedman). He increasingly focused on things like spin glasses, complexity, behavior of flocks of birds and planetary systems, and similar things.

Complexity-related ideas may be interesting but none of them is true Nobel Prize-level material – well, with this drop of the Nobel Prize, my assertion just became tautologically false.

https://motls.blogspot.com/2021/10/global-warming-nobel-prize-in-physics.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+LuboMotlsReferenceFrame+(Lubos+Motl%27s+reference+frame)

rangerrebew

Re: Global warming: Nobel Prize in Physics has become a joke, too
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 05:51:59 pm »
Everyone should have known when Imam Obama got one, the "prize" had become a political tool, nothing more. farter000000

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 05:58:41 pm »
Everyone should have known when Imam Obama got one, the "prize" had become a political tool, nothing more. farter000000

That was known about the "Peace" Prize, which is selected by the Norwegian parliament on the advice of a (heavily politicized) committee.  The actual science prizes are given by the Swedish Parliament on the advice of a different committee -- this is news because that committee has been politicized and the Swedish parliament didn't notice and demand a new recommendation.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 06:06:30 pm »
When Yasser Arafat the terrorist won that said all that needs to be said about the integrity of this "prize"...