Author Topic: Tesla ordered to pay former factory worker $130 million over racially hostile work environment  (Read 402 times)

Offline DB

Last Updated: Oct. 4, 2021 at 11:27 p.m. ET
First Published: Oct. 4, 2021 at 9:02 p.m. ET
By Rebecca Elliott

SAN FRANCISCO — Tesla Inc. subjected a Black former worker to a racially hostile work environment and failed to take reasonable steps to prevent him from being racially harassed, a federal jury found Monday.

The eight-person jury awarded more than $130 million in damages to Owen Diaz, who worked as an elevator operator at Tesla’s TSLA, -0.12% Fremont, Calif., factory in 2015 and 2016.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla-ordered-to-pay-former-factory-worker-130-million-over-racially-hostile-work-environment-11633395767?mod=home-page&mod=article_inline

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
130 million bucks for being harrassed?

That is just insane.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
130 million bucks for being harrassed?

That is just insane.
Well, somebody scored big playing deep pocket bingo!

Short of daily edge of life beatings and sexual molestation in a dungeon environment, I really have a hard time conceiving of $130 million worth of harassment.Were they waterboarding they guy, or what?

(This stuff would stop quick if the people liable were the ones who actually did it, and not who they worked for.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wonder if this harassment had anything to do with his not doing his job correctly?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIF.4EX%2f4SD9oW7uWBJhSMTdDw&w=297&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

This is the poor,downtrodden and picked on defenseless man those meanie Tesla workers were calling "bleep" and similar names.

I ask you,does this guy look like someone most people would casually throw racial slurs at,and pick on?

SOB looks like a NFL lineman.

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIF.4EX%2f4SD9oW7uWBJhSMTdDw&w=297&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7ks 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I wonder if this harassment had anything to do with his not doing his job correctly?

GTHawk

Well,his job was to be an elevator operator,and there's not much you can do wrong other than not do the job at all.

It ain't like you can make a wrong turn.

I have no doubt he was/is an arrogant Bushhead that most likely ran his mouth at other employees due to his "We wuz African Kings,KINGS AH TELLS YA!" attitude.

Look at the law firm that represented him.  I suspect the whole thing was a setup from the day he got hired.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

African-American elevator operator? ... sounds like an old racial stereotype.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
GTHawk

Well,his job was to be an elevator operator,and there's not much you can do wrong other than not do the job at all.

It ain't like you can make a wrong turn.

I have no doubt he was/is an arrogant Bushhead that most likely ran his mouth at other employees due to his "We wuz African Kings,KINGS AH TELLS YA!" attitude.

Look at the law firm that represented him.  I suspect the whole thing was a setup from the day he got hired.
Oh, contraire mon frere, ask anyone that has worked on a building under construction that has to wait on the elevator operator to move material or get down to the catering truck and back before break is over. A lot of the time the guy is just being a bleep or has fallen asleep. If this guy was pissed at being the elevator guy or was screwing with other people..........

Wait, are you saying that a person of color would intentionally fabricate a situation just so he could sue someone? Say it isn't so!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 08:54:49 pm by GtHawk »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Oh, contraire mon frere, ask anyone that has worked on a building under construction that has to wait on the elevator operator to move material or get down to the catering truck and back before break is over. A lot of the time the guy is just being a bleep or has fallen asleep. If this guy was pissed at being the elevator guy or was screwing with other people..........

Wait, are you saying that a person of color would intentionally fabricate a situation just so he could sue someone? Say it isn't so!

@GtHawk

We all know such a thing would be impossible. I am also certain it was by sheer coincidence that he was hooked up with a radical left black law firm det bees in de suin fo cibil rites settilmints.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No wonder Musk high-tailed it out of California.

Gavin is trying to balance his budget on his back
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington