Author Topic: Amy Coney Barrett Blames Media, ‘Hot Takes On Twitter’ For Making Supreme Court Decisions ‘Seem Resu  (Read 582 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Amy Coney Barrett Blames Media, ‘Hot Takes On Twitter’ For Making Supreme Court Decisions ‘Seem Results-Oriented’
Daily Caller, Sep 13, 2021

Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett worried Sunday that the court is increasingly being portrayed to the public as a partisan institution, emphasizing that justices must be “hyper vigilant” that they do not let personal biases affect their work.

“My goal today is to convince you that this court is not comprised of a bunch of partisan hacks,” she told guests at the University of Louisville Sunday, the Courier Journal reported.

“Judicial philosophies are not the same as political parties,” she said, citing several cases where the Supreme Court did not rule along party lines.

“The media, along with hot takes on Twitter, report the results and decisions,” Barrett continued, adding that this “makes the decision seem results-oriented” and “leaves the reader to judge whether the court was right or wrong, based on whether she liked the results of the decision.”

“And here’s the thing: Sometimes, I don’t like the results of my decisions,” the Supreme Court justice continued, according to the Courier Journal. “But it’s not my job to decide cases based on the outcome I want.”

More:  https://amp.dailycaller.com/2021/09/13/amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court-partisan-political-parties?__twitter_impression=true

Stop with the effing smokescreens, Amy, and tell us why the State of Texas did not have standing in their court of original jurisdiction.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:16:27 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline skeeter

“But it’s not my job to decide cases based on the outcome I want.”

Talk to your four partisan hack SCOTUS buddies, who NEVER vote any way but with the rats.

Then stop worrying about being seen as partisan, ‘cause they aren’t the least bit worried.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
“But it’s not my job to decide cases based on the outcome I want.”

Talk to your four partisan hack SCOTUS buddies, who NEVER vote any way but with the rats.

Then stop worrying about being seen as partisan, ‘cause they aren’t the least bit worried.

I would be nice if those unelected kings would consult the Constitution once in a while at least!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I would be nice if those unelected kings would consult the Constitution once in a while at least!
No can do. The Constitution is an anathema to the progs. They live to burn it down.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Bullshit. Everything she said is the exact opposite of reality.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
No can do. The Constitution is an anathema to the progs. They live to burn it down.

Let me make myself perfectly clear on this. Any member of SCOTUS who bases their decisions on anything other than the plain English language contained within our constitution (not penumbras, implications, or anything not plainly written there) is, by definition, a partisan hack!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

I think you mean Texas, joined by 25 other states @Right_in_Virginia

I do @Bigun ... thanks, I corrected it.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:19:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Bullshit. Everything she said is the exact opposite of reality.

:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Stop with the effing smokescreens, Amy, and tell us why the State of Texas did not have standing in their court of original jurisdiction.

Bigger! So people can see it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
“My goal today is to convince you that this court is not comprised of a bunch of partisan hacks,”

That, is a mission fail. She may get away with that stuff talking to a bunch of ignorant college kids, but adults know better.
Roberts is the best value partisan hack Soros ever bought.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.