Author Topic: Donald Trump sends a very clear message to Ron DeSantis: Stay out of 2024!  (Read 199 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
First of all, DeSantis has stated that he's not interested in the presidency, he wants to remain governor.   With his wife now facing the challenges of breast cancer, I seriously doubt he'll consider a run for the presidency.

Secondly, if Trump runs, who's going to challenge him? Romney? He'd be wise to select his running mate early; perhaps Greene.

Donald Trump sends a very clear message to Ron DeSantis: Stay out of 2024!

Donald Trump may be waiting to announce his (seemingly inevitable) run for his old office in 2024 but he's already sending a warning shot at a potential rival for the nomination.
Asked about the possibility of facing Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis in 2024, Trump was hugely dismissive.
"If I faced him, I'd beat him like I would beat everyone else," Trump told Yahoo Finance late last week. "I think most people would drop out, I think he would drop out."

Make no mistake at what Trump is doing here: He is sending a very clear shot across DeSantis' bow, making sure the newest and biggest star in the national Republican firmament knows that he can't possibly hope to beat the former president -- and shouldn't even try.

Whether Trump's aggressive approach to a DeSantis' candidacy impacts the Florida' governor's thinking about 2024 remains to be seen. But like with so many things Trump says about other people, it's deeply revealing about the former president and how he thinks about himself and his role in the party and the country.

Trump views himself, effectively, as the king of the Republican Party. In his mind, everyone is not only below him but also owes him a debt of gratitude for having any sort of power. And that view very much informs how he sees DeSantis............

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/04/politics/donald-trump-ron-desantis-florida-2024/index.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump is a loser

Online corbe

Shirley, you jest @Weird Tolkienish Figure are you insinuating that we have a 2024 Gerald R. Ford?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump is a loser

Ok, @Weird Tolkienish Figure  who do you suggest to run on the GOP side in 2024?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EdinVA

CNN?  Really?

Online mountaineer

CNN?  Really?
Exactly. This entire article is of questionable veracity.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Trump is a loser

Trump is clearly the front-runner and the nomination is his if he wants it.  The best thing other potential R candidates can do is stay out of the way, to spare the party the disaster of Trump participating in another contested primary.  Any other serious contenders are young enough to wait another round.

I don't particularly like that, but I think it's a fact.
James 1:20

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Just from the headline alone, I knew it going to be just more far-Left bullshit.
And all the idiotic NeverTrump Biden worshippers will gobble it up with a spoon, like always.
This is the same crap they were pushing a couple of months ago when they said Trump 'hates' Pence.
It is all about smearing Trump at any cost, and to divide the Right into camps against each other.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.