Author Topic: Facebook is down! Massive outage  (Read 4713 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Facebook is down! Massive outage
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2021, 02:31:24 pm »
ZERO impact on my life. None.  :shrug:
I'd post stuff and they'd "factcheck" it, --about like a body check in Hockey.

Even just links to medical journals (title, but no commentary) got that treatment--especially if the research results did not suck up to the great COVID narrative.   22222frying pan

So I checked out who the fackchekkers were, and yup, all lefties.

I kept posting stuff there just to make their algorithms twitch.  ****slapping

But I'm on my second strike there over that. :whistle:

One more and I'll get the boot, so I'm saving it for something really good. :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2021, 02:32:54 pm »
On the plus side reports coming in say with all of FB's social media product being down, Productivity went up yesterday from 11 am till 5 pm. However the "Karens" were so distressed they took up day drinking.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2021, 02:33:39 pm »
On the plus side reports coming in say with all of FB's social media product being down, Productivity went up yesterday from 11 am till 5 pm. However the "Karens" were so distressed they took up day drinking.

:silly:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2021, 02:37:51 pm »
Same here! But I must admit that knowing it gives me immense pleasure.
What will be interesting is the reaction of millions of kids, teens, tweens, and twenty somethings who will sit around a table and 'converse' with their phones and never say a word, and stay glued to the danged thing all day. 

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2021, 02:41:02 pm »
What will be interesting is the reaction of millions of kids, teens, tweens, and twenty somethings who will sit around a table and 'converse' with their phones and never say a word, and stay glued to the danged thing all day. 

Facebook isn't so much of a "kids" thing anymore.  It's more for middle-aged "Karens" now.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2021, 02:57:20 pm »
Now why didn't I think of that.

@Hoodat

Yup,and there is the Patron Saint of "Social Media Managers".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2021, 04:22:27 pm »

Even just links to medical journals (title, but no commentary) got that treatment--especially if the research results did not suck up to the great COVID narrative.   22222frying pan

One more and I'll get the boot, so I'm saving it for something really good. :laugh:

I was doing the same with the same results until one morning, about a year ago now, an e-mail from FB appeared in my inbox informing me that my account had been deleted for repeated violations of their posting policies.  And that was that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2021, 06:26:14 pm »
So much for the "whistle blower"

Tea Party Patriots
@TPPatriots
·
6m
BREAKING: New reports reveal that the "Facebook Whistleblower" is an AOC donor, working with Jen Psaki's old PR firm AND the lawyers who represented the Ukraine "whistleblower" that led to the failed Trump impeachment.

In other words, a Democrat operative.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2021, 12:03:30 am »
Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
The “Facebook Whistleblower” is one of the most transparent political ploys we’ve seen in a long time. She’s a Democrat operative whose primary beef with Facebook is that they dont censor right wing content enough. She hasnt revealed any actual secrets about the company. A farce.
1:17 PM · Oct 5, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2021, 12:46:19 am »
‘Kids Are Killing Themselves!’: Whoopi Goldberg Cheers Facebook Outage

Whoopi Goldberg said Tuesday that she was “thrilled” to see Facebook face a lengthy outage, arguing that executives needed to “pay attention” to what their product did to children.

Goldberg and her cohosts on ABC’s “The View” discussed the Facebook outage — which also affected Instagram and WhatsApp — and the fact that Facebook was under fire on Capitol Hill for allegedly putting profits over people..................

https://www.conservativereview.com/kids-are-killing-themselves-whoopi-goldberg-cheers-facebook-outage-2655228236.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2021, 12:00:08 pm »
I'm getting really tired of this faux whistleblower making the rounds, getting her face in front of the cameras like she actually had some legitimacy.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2021, 12:15:21 pm »
As earlier predicted by Becker News, the Facebook “whistleblower” Frances Haugen called for more censorship during her Senate testimony on Tuesday.

“I am here today because I believe that Facebook’s products harm children, stoke division, and weaken our democracy,” she said in opening remarks. “The company’s leadership knows how to make Facebook and Instagram safer but won’t make the necessary changes because they have put their astronomical profits before people. Congressional action is needed. They won’t solve this crisis without your help.” ...

Of course, Haugen called for action “now” and implored Congress to regulate political speech online, although this would be a flagrant violation of the First Amendment. ...

Haugen’s connections to the Democratic Party establishment run deep. Haugen, the National Pulse recently reported, gave at least 36 donations to left-wing candidates and causes.

She also has connections to White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki’s former PR firm Bryson Gillette, where Psaki worked as a senior adviser until September 2020. The Center for Humane Technology, a group pushing for Facebook to more tightly regulate political content, was one of Psaki’s clients, according to ethics filings obtained by The Daily Wire. ...

The plot thickens. The Facebook “whistleblower” who is not actually a “whistleblower” is tied through an advocacy group to the Trump impeachment “whistleblower” who was not actually a “whistleblower.” The latter individual’s identity, according to a recent book, is self-admittedly Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman. ...
Yeah, whatever. And the media are lapping this up.
Read story at Becker News

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2021, 12:31:47 pm »
The plot thickens. The Facebook “whistleblower” who is not actually a “whistleblower” is tied through an advocacy group to the Trump impeachment “whistleblower” who was not actually a “whistleblower.” The latter individual’s identity, according to a recent book, is self-admittedly Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman. ...

I think it looks like those who want to be the arbiters of Narrative Control have a Special Forces branch...

This is no complaint, it's a set up so they can spike the opposition.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2021, 12:35:58 pm »
Yeah, whatever. And the media are lapping this up.
Read story at Becker News

So, bookface is spreading misinformation?  I don't believe it... /s

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2021, 12:53:33 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2021, 01:08:15 pm »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2021, 01:18:17 pm »

I got sick of it a couple years ago and just walked off... You already know how sick I am of waggin tongues... Well Faceboot is the epitome of all that.

No impact on me anymore. No f**** given. But it is a giggle that someone tried to cancel them for a change.  :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2021, 09:50:12 pm »
This fraud is the gift that keeps giving.

Lawyerforlaws
@lawyer4laws
4m
Although Frances Haugen had money to donate to AOC’s campaign, that same month she had a federal tax lien for unpaid taxes that a $44,000 ~
Now So-called whistleblower’s lawyers, who otherwise work pro bono are trying to raise $100,000 through GoFundMe
Financial Records Show Facebook ‘Whistleblower’ Is Less A Concerned Employee And More A Radical Democrat Activist
October 6, 2021 By Kylee Zempel

Frances Haugen, the so-called Facebook whistleblower who leaked internal documents to the Wall Street Journal lamenting that the Big Tech company wasn’t censoring enough content, is a confirmed left-wing activist and partisan operative, Federal Election Commission records show.

A simple search reveals that Haugen, who previously worked for other tech giants Google and Pinterest, has made more than 40 donations to Democrats totaling more than $2,000 since 2015. She has frequently contributed to ActBlue and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, and in January 2020, she gave money to the congressional campaign of radical Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, plus another contribution to AOC’s “Courage to Change” political action committee, according to The Daily Wire. ...
The Federalist

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2021, 01:12:57 pm »
Now if these hackers can remove addresses ending with .gov

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2021, 05:56:59 am »
So, bookface is spreading misinformation?  I don't believe it... /s
Jus' controllin' the narrative, boss.... :whistle:

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2021, 05:58:15 am »
This fraud is the gift that keeps giving.

Lawyerforlaws
@lawyer4laws
4m
Although Frances Haugen had money to donate to AOC’s campaign, that same month she had a federal tax lien for unpaid taxes that a $44,000 ~
Now So-called whistleblower’s lawyers, who otherwise work pro bono are trying to raise $100,000 through GoFundMe The Federalist
Anytime someone who works for an outfit that already censors the living sh*t out of content, calls for MORE censorship, for whatever reason, it's a set-up.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2021, 10:57:45 pm »
Anytime someone who works for an outfit that already censors the living sh*t out of content, calls for MORE censorship, for whatever reason, it's a set-up.

Amen!
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote