Author Topic: Jayapal: $1.5 trillion reconciliation bill is 'not going to happen'  (Read 118 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jayapal: $1.5 trillion reconciliation bill is 'not going to happen'
By Monique Beals - 10/03/21 01:51 PM EDT

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) said on Sunday she was not willing to go as low as $1.5 trillion in negotiations for the Democratic-backed reconciliation bill that has stalled in Congress after that price tag was floated by Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) last week.

When asked by CNN's Dana Bash about support such a topline spending limit, Jayapal firmly rejected that figure.

"Well, that's not going to happen," she told Bash on CNN's "State of the Union." "That's too small to get our priorities in. So, it's going to be somewhere between $1.5 and $3.5."

Jayapal, however, would not specify what number she would agree to as a potential compromise.

"I don't feel the need to give a number, because I gave my number. It was $3.5," she said. "So, if you're in a negotiation, you need to have a counteroffer before you bid against yourself."

Jayapal added that her priority was focused on including "critical programs" in the bill rather than the price.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/575081-jayapal-15-trillion-reconciliation-bill-is-not-going-to-happen
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Jayapal: $1.5 trillion reconciliation bill is 'not going to happen'
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 08:28:13 pm »
Looks like Apu Spice is the new darling of the MSM.  I wonder how Gaza, Jihad, Woke and Squeaky Spice are taking this?  Squeaky is out there...in left field but she is out there.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Jayapal: $1.5 trillion reconciliation bill is 'not going to happen'
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 10:51:18 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: