Author Topic: Derek Hunter: Democrats Really Love Abortion  (Read 87 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Derek Hunter: Democrats Really Love Abortion
« on: October 03, 2021, 02:49:16 pm »
Democrats Really Love Abortion
Derek Hunter

Posted: Oct 03, 2021 12:01 AM

Imagine being so invested in something that it impacts every aspect of your life. Not your direct involvement in it, but the involvement of other people in it. Democrats insist an abortion is a personal choice for the woman, or birthing person, and the birthing person alone. Then they demand anyone who’s had one celebrate, or “shout,” their abortion, and insist it’s perfectly healthy and normal behavior. They want everyone to believe they love abortion the way most people love their kids, but there’s probably something deeper and darker at work.

At a hearing this week in the House of Representatives, I couldn’t help but notice how many liberal Members of Congress and their witnesses professed their love of abortion. I can kind of understand someone thinking it necessary (pregnancy, especially unintended, has to be terrifying for a woman), but these people were declaring themselves “proud” of ending a life. One abortion doctor named Ghazaleh Moayedi, proclaimed, “I know firsthand that abortion saves lives. For the thousands of people I’ve cared for, abortion is a blessing. Abortion is an act of love. Abortion is freedom.”

Whatever you think of it, that sentiment is gross. Moayedi appears to be past her prime, so it’s not an issue for her, she’s advocating for others to follow her lead. Why?

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2021/10/03/democrats-really-love-abortion-n2596857
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Derek Hunter: Democrats Really Love Abortion
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 03:33:59 pm »
I have always maintained that "pro-choice" is actually "pro-abortion."  The National Organization for Women (NOW) used to give out awards to gynecologists who performed abortions, citing their "courage."  I once went to a party hosted by one of these doctors.  I was dating an OB-GYN nurse at the time (she refused to do assist in abortions herself, but this gentleman was a colleague).  There were pro-life people swarming outside the party, flashbulbs in our faces as they were taking everyone's picture as we entered the home.  The doctor and his wife apologized to us as we entered, but I could see the effect was successful, at least as far as I was concerned.  I definitely felt a sense of shame, even as everyone else talked about how uncouth the protesters outside were.

I saw the protesters as people of conscience and the partiers as ethically compromised.  I still do, even though I am pro-choice (I do oppose Roe v Wade).  These people feel they have a right to perform abortions, and that a woman has a right to have one.  I agree, at least up to the point of viability in the womb.  But no.  The pro-choice movement today has moved way beyond that.  The movement now takes the position that a woman's right to choose extends to her right to abscond with taxpayer money to pay for her choice, up to and including the moments right after birth.

So, yes, I agree.  Abortion is a key sacrament in the Democrat religion.