Author Topic: Milley Testimony Highlights Why The President Is A Weak Link In U.S. Nuclear Plans  (Read 97 times)

rangerrebew

Milley Testimony Highlights Why The President Is A Weak Link In U.S. Nuclear Plans

Loren ThompsonSenior Contributor
Aerospace & Defense
I write about national security, especially its business dimensions.

The Department of Defense has begun a massive effort to replace most of the equipment in its aging nuclear arsenal.

The plan will take decades to execute and ultimately cost the better part of a trillion dollars.

However, recent testimony before congressional armed services committees by Joint Chiefs Chairman General Mark Milley suggests that the biggest problem with America’s nuclear posture might not be aging weapons.

It might be the president, who bears sole authority for launching nuclear weapons.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2021/10/01/milley-testimony-highlights-why-the-president-is-a-weak-link-in-us-nuclear-plans/?sh=24d5ab368f02

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not to mention traitors...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis