Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi Accused of Betrayal as Frustrated Democratic Moderates Lash Out  (Read 124 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Newsweek by  Christina Zhao  10/2/2021

oderate Democrats lashed out at Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Saturday after President Joe Biden made clear that the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill won't pass unless Democrats reach a deal on the $3.5 trillion spending bill.

Pelosi promised moderates that she'd bring the infrastructure bill to the House floor for a vote on September 27, before extending the deadline to September 30. Pelosi delayed the vote again after progressives threatened to sink the bill unless the larger spending bill is passed in tandem.

"While I have great respect for the Speaker, I believe her decision to again delay a vote on the bipartisan infrastructure bill is wrong," Representative Stephanie Murphy said in a statement.

More: https://www.newsweek.com/nancy-pelosi-accused-betrayal-frustrated-democratic-moderates-lash-out-1635047

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I can't remember a time in the past when Dems didn't stick together.  I'm glad to see some turmoil from within the party. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.