Author Topic: Workers Who Maintain Supply Chains Warn of Worldwide ‘System Collapse’  (Read 819 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Workers Who Maintain Supply Chains Warn of Worldwide ‘System Collapse’
By Jack Phillips
September 29, 2021 Updated: September 29, 2021

Several industry groups have warned world leaders of a worldwide supply-chain “system collapse” due to pandemic restrictions, coming as Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell suggested that the current period of higher inflation will last until 2022.

The International Chamber of Shipping, a coalition of truck drivers, seafarers, and airline workers, has warned in a letter to heads of state attending the United Nations General Assembly that governments need to restore freedom of movement to transportation workers amid persistent COVID-19 restrictions and quarantines.

If nothing is done, they warned of a “global transport system collapse” and suggested that “global supply chains are beginning to buckle as two years’ worth of strain on transport workers take their toll,” according to the letter. It was signed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the International Road Transport Union (IRU), and the International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF), which represent some 65 million transport workers around the world.

“All transport sectors are also seeing a shortage of workers, and expect more to leave as a result of the poor treatment millions have faced during the pandemic, putting the supply chain under greater threat,” the letter said. “We also ask that WHO and the ILO raise this at the U.N. General Assembly and call on heads of government to take meaningful and swift action to resolve this crisis now,” they wrote.

more
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/workers-who-maintain-supply-chains-warn-of-worldwide-system-collapse_4023717.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Workers Who Maintain Supply Chains Warn of Worldwide ‘System Collapse’
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 01:54:33 pm »
ALERT.  ALERT. ALERT
===================

Important read.  I have been seeing many examples of this already.  Supply Chain disruptions have dominoing effects, and I am afraid we have not seen the worst of it.   

The lack of supply of new cars to buy is just the tip of the iceberg
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 02:12:39 pm »
More

September 30, 2021
Leftist policies are wrecking global supply chains and triggering shortages and looming hyperinflation. Stand-by for capitalism to be blamed.
By Thomas Lifson

We already see soaring prices, empty store shelves, shortages of critical products, factories shut down, workers unemployed, and people freezing in their homes. Soon, progressives will be blaming capitalism itself and demanding more government controls if not outright seizure of the means of production. But in fact, these disruptions to what had been a smoothly operating integrated global economy that had raised hundreds of millions of people out of poverty in the last three decades are all due to progressive policies being enforced by those very governments that stand ready to seize even more power over our lives.

There are multiple sources of the troubles bedeviling the international division of labor, but they all have one thing in common: bad government policies pushed by progressives.

Start with Covid, a highly communicable virus that can be lethal, if left untreated, especially in people with comorbidities including obesity and diabetes. Governments around the world for the first time in human history decided to quarantine the healthy, not the sick, and went into “lockdowns” for a disease that has a 99.5% recovery rate, and which is most dangerous to an identifiable subset of their populations: the elderly, the obese, and the already ill.

Those lockdowns constricted production, and the resulting unemployment temporarily deferred demand for many goods, including durables like cars and home appliances. In the United States, tax-free payments were offered to unemployed people that were more lucrative than the taxable wages they might receive if the returned to work, resulting in a predictable artificial labor shortage, further crimping the manufacture and distribution of many goods.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/09/leftist_policies_are_wrecking_global_supply_chains_and_triggering_shortages_and_looming_hyperinflation_standby_for_capitalism_to_be_blamed_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 02:16:36 pm »
I can attest.

Working in a factory, we've had one hell of a time getting parts and supplies.

I've even jokingly suggested getting a 3D printer.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 02:28:12 pm »

Remember, all the things the Dems won't let manufacturers do in the US can be done offshore. 

Supply chain managers need to geo-politically multi-source their suppiers.

As the World attempts to diversify away from China, and as liberals in developed countries oppose capitalism; there is opportunity in other developing nations to grow business, mining, and manufacturing.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2021, 02:40:35 pm »
Remember, all the things the Dems won't let manufacturers do in the US can be done offshore. 

Maybe the most hidden destructive impact of the Clinton presidency.  He sold out a huge chunk of national security in the mid '90's lock stock and barrel.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 08:07:58 pm »

As the World attempts to diversify away from China, and as liberals in developed countries oppose capitalism; there is opportunity in other developing nations to grow business, mining, and manufacturing.
Don't mean squat if longshoremen don't unload the ships.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2021, 08:18:27 pm »

Ships could be unloaded in Mexico or Canada, and the containers shipped by rail into the US.

The Dems will not allow any expansion of economic activity in the US.

For the last 20 years, they thought they were "recycling" when it was really being dumped in China and other $h!th0le countries.

The Dems are destroying the Atacama Desert in South America to obtain lithium for their electric vehicle utopia, but they won't allow drilling in the Arctic?  Nor allow the construction of natural gas power plants to charge those vehicles?

The Dems prohibit logging in the Northwest only to have their precious trees destroyed in wildfires.

The Dems are global NIMBY's.  They are gentrifying America.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2021, 09:27:11 pm »
Ships could be unloaded in Mexico or Canada, and the containers shipped by rail into the US.

For the last 20 years, they thought they were "recycling" when it was really being dumped in China and other $h!th0le countries.

The Dems are destroying the Atacama Desert in South America to obtain lithium for their electric vehicle utopia, but they won't allow drilling in the Arctic?  Nor allow the construction of natural gas power plants to charge those vehicles?

The Dems prohibit logging in the Northwest only to have their precious trees destroyed in wildfires.

If that were the cure we wouldn't have the ports at L.A. and Long Beach stacked up with cargo ships waiting to be unloaded and we wouldn't have empty shelves in grocery stores.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2021, 09:48:33 pm »
We've prepared for years, but there's just no way to prepare for a continued lack of goods.

Civil unrest will also follow? Perhaps complete anarchy?

Those coming across our borders thinking that the U.S. is going to be able to sustain caring for them are in for a huge shock.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2021, 09:57:01 pm »
We've prepared for years, but there's just no way to prepare for a continued lack of goods.

Civil unrest will also follow? Perhaps complete anarchy?

Those coming across our borders thinking that the U.S. is going to be able to sustain caring for them are in for a huge shock.
they will be among the last to suffer. Good ol mr & mrs middle class will bear the full force of the consequences.

Online catfish1957

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2021, 10:25:08 pm »
they will be among the last to suffer. Good ol mr & mrs middle class will bear the full force of the consequences.

The poor from other countries have lived and learned how to prepare and opeate in hard times.  It's the 25 year old shftless broke liberal in his parent's basement who is in for a rude awakening when he doesn't understand why his Dominos pizza isn't delivered.

Unprepared Americans will suffer most.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2021, 12:53:25 am »
The poor from other countries have lived and learned how to prepare and opeate in hard times.  It's the 25 year old shftless broke liberal in his parent's basement who is in for a rude awakening when he doesn't understand why his Dominos pizza isn't delivered.

Well to be fair those poor from other countries learned how to deal with it by illegally crossing our borders and that 25 year old shftless broke liberal in his parent's basement hasn't got the option and the rude awakening he will get is learning that the communists he was depending on care more about the illegals than any American citizen, shiftless or not.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2021, 01:34:50 pm »

Wasn't the 1990s/2000s proposal for Inerstate Highway 69 a component of an effort to unload ships in Mexican ports instead of American ones?

The Mexican longshoremen would be just doing the longshoring that Americans no longer wanted to do.

Online catfish1957

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2021, 01:51:54 pm »
Laura Ingraham had an excellent opening op-ed last night on this very subject.  Couldn't link video, but here is the link to her site on Fox

https://www.foxnews.com/shows/ingraham-angle

Online catfish1957

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2021, 05:54:37 pm »
Fellow Preppers ....

Gold has been hanging around the $1730-1750 /oz the past few days.  Jus sayin'.  :cool:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2021, 05:59:00 pm »
Had this conversation with a customer of mine yesterday.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2021, 08:24:42 pm »

They aren't gentry, they're just high dollar hood rats and trailer park trash.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2021, 08:28:13 pm »

The poor from other countries come here to discover clean running water, flush toilets, electricity, appliances, vehicles...
and bother, they are rich, in comparison to where they came from.

Working for that? No harder than life was there, just making it from day to day.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2021, 08:47:46 pm »
ALERT.  ALERT. ALERT
===================

Important read.  I have been seeing many examples of this already.  Supply Chain disruptions have dominoing effects, and I am afraid we have not seen the worst of it.   

The lack of supply of new cars to buy is just the tip of the iceberg

Now they can't be repaired, either.  People have been unable to repair their Powertrain Control Modules since last year.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2021, 10:01:32 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2021, 10:13:43 pm »

Yes, without a doubt, our country is under attack from within...and it's not just coming from the leftists.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2021, 10:16:39 pm »
   Doesn't China own Controlling Interest in two US west coast ports?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2021, 10:16:56 pm »
Do I find this frightening and overwhelming?  Absolutely. Not a dang thing can be done!

Offline libertybele