Author Topic: Katie Couric rips into former TODAY Show colleagues, admits she froze out female rivals to 'protect  (Read 1020 times)

Online mountaineer

EXCLUSIVE: Katie Couric rips into former TODAY Show colleagues, admits she froze out female rivals to 'protect her turf,' says her toyboy ex was a 'midlife crisis' and takes potshots at Prince Harry who stank of alcohol in her new memoir
    DailyMail.com has seen the manuscript for Katie Couric's book 'Going There', which is out in late October and will be accompanied by an 11-city book tour
   * Couric writes that she gave  Ashleigh Banfield the cold shoulder early in her career because helping her would have been 'self sabotage'
   * She mocks Deborah Norville, who she replaced on the TODAY Show, for having  'relentless perfection'
   * She puts down Martha Stewart, saying it took a 'some healthy humbling (prison will do that . . .) to develop a sense of humor'
   * Couric is just as blunt about her love life and says ex-boyfriend Brooks Perlin, who was 17 years her junior, was a 'mid-life crisis'
   * She describes how Prince Harry stank of cigarettes and alcohol, and how Prince Andrew cozied up to Jeffrey Epstein at a bizarre dinner at his New York mansion
   * She describes Epstein's $75million New York townhouse as 'Eyes Wide Shut with a twist - creepy chandeliers and body-part art'
   * Epstein 'held court' in front of the fireplace to the likes of Chelsea Handler and Woody Allen and Soon-Yi Previn, George Stephanopoulos and Charlie Rose.
   * The book has sparked outrage among people who have read it, one claiming it 'should be called Burning Bridges by Catty Couric'
By Dan Bates For Dailymail.com
Published: 14:26 EDT, 29 September 2021 | Updated: 08:17 EDT, 30 September 2021

Katie Couric spares few from criticism in her new memoir, which she uses to settle scores from her four decades in TV, DailyMail.com can reveal.   ...

The book has sparked outrage among people who have seen the manuscript, one saying  that it 'should be called Burning Bridges by Catty Couric as it literally reads like Kitty Kelley wrote it about Katie', referring to the notoriously snarky celebrity biographer.

Couric's last major gig was with Yahoo which ended in 2017. Another person said that after this book she will 'never get a job at any television network or cable channel ever again because she attacks everyone'. ...Full story at Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Katie Couric: Matt Lauer was a ‘decent’ man I felt ‘heartless to abandon’
 By Hannah Frishberg   
September 30, 2021

Matt Lauer’s 2017 fall from grace was “excruciatingly painful” for Katie Couric, she has revealed in her new scorched earth memoir.

“I am crushed,” she recalls texting him, according to a manuscript read by the Daily Mail. “I love you and care about you deeply. I am here. Please let me know if you want to talk. There will be better days ahead.”

Couric, 64, insists in her book, out next month, that Lauer was a “decent” man despite being fired from NBC due to numerous sexual misconduct accusations.

Couric also revealed that her “heart sank” and she immediately made clear to him she was there should he want her emotional support.  ...

Even after reading about all the “awful things” the then-married Lauer had done — like exposing himself to a woman in his office, sending another woman a sex toy and explicit note and installing a button under his desk to lock his office door — Couric still felt a great deal of empathy for him and worried he was “sleepless, haggard, depressed, maybe worse” as a result of losing his job and then his wife.   ...

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline DefiantMassRINO

She is just a terrible person.

When she anchored the CBS Evening News, she always seemed disappointed when more people hadn't died in tragedies - "Unfortunately, there were survivors."
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Handler and Snuffynofolous were part of Epstein's inner circle?  Wow.....  now lets see network's handle this.  I do know there are plenty who have shown up Epstein's manifest that seem to be getting off scot free.....  Including Stephen Colbert.

OTOH...  I also find telling of how much of a "b" this woman is when she mocks a colleague who wants "relentless perfection".  That in a nutshell kind of describes the MSM as a whole has sank through mediocrity into the toilet.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 09:15:56 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL!  A cat fight via tell-all book.  A pox on the lot of them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
She is just a terrible person.

When she anchored the CBS Evening News, she always seemed disappointed when more people hadn't died in tragedies - "Unfortunately, there were survivors."

As Don Henley sang:
Little bubble-headed bleach-blonde comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a twinkle in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Katie Couric: Matt Lauer was a ‘decent’ man I felt ‘heartless to abandon’
 By Hannah Frishberg   
September 30, 2021

Matt Lauer’s 2017 fall from grace was “excruciatingly painful” for Katie Couric, she has revealed in her new scorched earth memoir.

“I am crushed,” she recalls texting him, according to a manuscript read by the Daily Mail. “I love you and care about you deeply. I am here. Please let me know if you want to talk. There will be better days ahead.”

Couric, 64, insists in her book, out next month, that Lauer was a “decent” man despite being fired from NBC due to numerous sexual misconduct accusations.

Couric also revealed that her “heart sank” and she immediately made clear to him she was there should he want her emotional support.  ...

Even after reading about all the “awful things” the then-married Lauer had done — like exposing himself to a woman in his office, sending another woman a sex toy and explicit note and installing a button under his desk to lock his office door — Couric still felt a great deal of empathy for him and worried he was “sleepless, haggard, depressed, maybe worse” as a result of losing his job and then his wife.   ...

*****rollingeyes*****

10 to 1 Couric was bumping uglies with Matt.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A most excrable person, all "perkiness" aside. She was in like company.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

This isn't how "journalism" works. If you're interviewing someone, you report what they said - not just the parts with which you might agree.
EXCLUSIVE: Katie Couric covered up RBG's dislike for taking the knee: Anchor says she edited 2016 interview to 'protect' the justice after she said people who kneel are showing 'contempt for a government that made a decent life possible'

*Katie Couric has admitted to editing out Ruth Bader Ginsburg's controversial comments from her 2016 sit-down with the late Supreme Court Justice
    *Couric writes that she was faced with a 'conundrum' while working on the story for Yahoo! News, in her scathing new memoir, Going There, released October 26
    *The former Today show host reveals Ginsburg responded negatively when asked about people who kneel for the national anthem as a protest against racism
    *The published story did include quotes from the justice calling the gesture 'dumb and disrespectful' but omitted more controversial remarks
    *Ginsburg had also said that such protests showed 'contempt for a government that has made it possible for their parents and grandparents to live a decent life'
    *'...which they probably could not have lived in the places they came from...as they became older they realize that this was youthful folly,' she added
    *Couric claims that Ginsburg, who was 83 at the time, was 'elderly and probably didn't fully understand the question'
    *She admits she 'wanted to protect' Ginsburg and felt that the issue of racial justice was a 'blind spot' for her

By Daniel Bates For Dailymail.com
Published: 12:36 EDT, 13 October 2021 | Updated: 15:30 EDT, 13 October 2021  ...
Daily Mail

Offline Kamaji

As Don Henley sang:
Little bubble-headed bleach-blonde comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a twinkle in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

:bingo:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

:bingo:

21st Century Brainless MSM....   Rewriting History .....   On the fly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
21st Century Brainless MSM....   Rewriting History .....   On the fly.
It isn't history, its theirstory.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

"Down deep she's extremely shallow" is the impression I had/have of her. I watched her guest-host two weeks of Jeopardy (and others'). It was rated 3 1/2 insulin syringes, it was so excessively sugary.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

Couric on running interference for RBG: Hey, the national media do that all the time

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/10/19/couric-on-running-interference-for-rbg-hey-the-national-media-do-that-all-the-time-n423332

We know, we know. “Ultimately,” Katie Couric tells a very skeptical Savannah Guthrie, “I think I should have included” Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s harsh comments about those who kneel in protest at the national anthem. But it’s Couric’s comments on editorial bias that unintentionally reveal the truth:
GUTHRIE: How did you justify that? It violates a cardinal rule of journalism to do that.

COURIC: Well, I think what people don’t realize is we make editorial decisions like that all the time. And I chose to talk about this and put it in the book for a discussion. I mention that it was a conundrum, that I asked Justice Ginsburg about Colin Kaepernick and taking the knee and how she felt about that. And I did include the fact that she said it was dumb and disrespectful, it was stupid and arrogant, and quite a bit of what she said.
Ironically, Couric herself has a “blind spot” about media consumers. People realize all too well that media outlets “make editorial decisions like that all the time.” It’s called editorial bias, and it’s a constant in the national media. “Republicans pounce!®” is an ongoing feature of editorial bias, and so is the national media’s tendency to soft-focus progressives while harshly scrutinizing conservatives. That’s exactly what Couric did in running interference on Ginsburg’s behalf after the justice crossed her up on the Kaepernick controversy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.