Author Topic: Joe Manchin Ahead of House Vote: ‘I Cannot Support Trillions in Spending’  (Read 157 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Manchin Ahead of House Vote: ‘I Cannot Support Trillions in Spending’

Paul Bois 29 Sep 2021

Ahead of Thursday’s pivotal vote in the House on Joe Biden’s infrastructure bill, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) persisted in his opposition to the trillion-dollar price tag.

In a statement on Wednesday, Manchin, who has previously resisted the bill and even publicly called on Democrats to put a “pause” on it, said that he cannot support the trillions of dollars in spending:

While I am hopeful that common ground can be found that would result in another historic investment in our nation, I cannot — and will not — support trillions in spending or an all-or-nothing approach that ignores the brutal fiscal reality our nation faces. There is a better way and I believe we can find it if we are willing to continue to negotiate in good faith.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/29/joe-manchin-ahead-of-house-vote-i-cannot-support-trillions-in-spending/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Not making predictions, mind you, but I won't be surprised if he caves.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Not making predictions, mind you, but I won't be surprised if he caves.

Neither will I.  Perhaps they'll agree to move the rest of the IRS admin offices to WV, and put them into a new massive admin campus to be called the Manchin Center.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 01:41:25 pm by Kamaji »

Offline mountaineer

Neither will I.  Perhaps they'll agree to move the rest of the IRS admin offices to WV, and put them into a new massive admin campus to be called the Manchin Center.
They can put it next to the big FBI facility in Bridgeport, WV - in the county adjacent to Manchin's home county.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe Manchin Ahead of House Vote:
‘I Cannot Support Trillions in Spending’.

What he really could mean:
"I Cannot Support Trillions in Spending... unless there's more for me in it..."

Offline mountaineer

What he really could mean:
"I Cannot Support Trillions in Spending... unless there's more for me in it..."
Biden already appointed Joe's wife Gayle to some do-nothing commission. He expects a little something in return.